Nine Network 2020

Yes. I’m sure there were some years where Nine didn’t lose a single week to Seven or any other network.

According to The Australian, Love Island has been renewed for 2020 but no words on Seachange.

It was mentioned on TV Blackbox that Nine was in negotiations with producers for another series of Seachange and it probably wouldn’t make it to air in 2020 if it were to go ahead.

I think even if that qualification was in place, it is still a dubious claim This year Nine is tracking to have a network share around 30%, currently less than one percent a head of Seven and it might win twenty-something weeks.

However, in 2002, for example, Nine won 37 weeks, had a network share over 30% and was 4% clear of Seven. The next year Nine had over 31% and were 6% clear.

So, for the claim to be true, there must be some other metric being used - perhaps commercial share 25-54 or something like that.

2 Likes

TBI reports Nine has acquired US factual series Prison Girls: Life Inside from Keshet International.

More airport docos and real crime for Nine.

1 Like

Okay, boomer :wink:

1 Like

Such a millennial thing to say. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nine has bought Prison, a 3 x 60 mins documentary series about UK prisons that “offers a raw glimpse inside the UK prison system and highlights the issues that those behind bars face within the system”.

3 Likes

Looks like the yet to be announced David Attenborough series is The Green Planet, co-commissioned by the BBC and PBS America. The 5-part series will debut in 2021.

1 Like

Undercover Twins was made for UK multichannel 5STAR. The Channel 5 website describes it: “In this dating series, identical twins Summer and Eden go looking for love as one person”.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/2019121757832/parade-closes-deals-for-330-hours-of-content.html

1 Like

Sarah posted on her Instagram on January 15 that Perfect Serve would air on Nine in the third quarter of 2020.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7VcuiTFAQl/

2 Likes

According to BingeBox nine are considering a kids version of Lego Masters.

Seems sensible since kids love lego and they shouldn’t have a problem attracting applicants.

I have a feeling that this is to fill the end of the year and is in response to Junior Masterchef being commissioned.

God, they’re all coming back 10 years on :scream:

I know so many kids variations. I think this will come in Q1 possibly if Married at First Sight is delayed (which it might not be at the moment). I actually wonder if 9 would consider filming Married in South Australia or Western Australia where restrictions are relaxed.

Nine could also do a kids version of Married At First Sight where kids dressed up for the wedding and played at being married. Maybe they’d be too well behaved though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They could film the weddings at schools. Restrictions don’t apply at schools.

1 Like

Getting them pissed at the dinner party in the playground will be fun.

1 Like

You’d get the same effect with red cordial and copious amounts of lollies.

9 Likes