MasterChef Australia

Don’t you mean MKR: POO? :joy:

1 Like

Ahh. Must have missed it

1 Like

MKR :poop: should do it.

Melissa Leong is on the cover of tomorrow’s Stellar magazine.

1 Like

A comparison of nutritional value of 63 fine-dining MasterChef recipes with meals from seven fast food restaurants have found that MasterChef dishes contain more saturated fat than fast food meals. Overall, fast food meals have less protein and fat and more carbohydrates compared with MasterChef meals.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/masterchef-meals-contain-more-saturated-fat-than-big-mac/news-story/3ec0441397188205c9c099d54f3a5d26

The findings were published in the July 2019 issue of the International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, but were not reported until now. You can read the research report here

Not sure this should be in the Food thread or New Formats thread?
Former MasterChef Australia contestant and model Sarah Todd will be hosting lavish dinners on January 22 and January 23 as part of all-female Chef Series during Australian Open tennis. She posted on her Instagram today:

Counting down to the #AustralianOpen - to add to the excitement of the Chef Series, we’re also covering the entire lead up and event in a 6 part TV series called “Perfect Serve” airing in the third quarter of this year. So for those of you who miss out on trying my food, you’ll be able to watch all the behind the scenes very soon.

Since Nine has the domestic broadcast rights to Australian Open it will be the front runner to pick up Perfect Serve. However, it’s possible that this show goes to SBS since Sarah’s previous shows, My Restaurant in India and sequel My Second Restaurant in India, were broadcast on SBS and SBS Food.

Filming for season 12 finally got underway in Melbourne this week, and straight away Gordon Ramsay was revealed as guest chef for week one. During his stay in Melbourne, Ramsay also visited Foodbank Victoria to pack food hampers for bushfire victims and raised more than $100,000 for the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund by auctioning two lunches for two people with him.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/gordon-ramsay-dials-up-the-heat-on-tv-cooking-challenge/news-story/997f401e52106f718b4550defee9d79b

2 Likes

It looks like Masterchef might be going straight into it this season and throwing the returnee’s in the deep end.

I’m on one of the potential diners mailing lists and I saw that Masterchef are filming a challenge at St Kilda Beach this coming Friday. It might be the first chance to see which contestants have come back for the new season.

2 Likes

They will totally be going straight into it, I’m excited by the fact that we won’t need to sit through auditions etc this year and that we will already know and have a connection with the contestants. Should be a good season and I think a softer way of launching into new judges.

It’s a year of transition, celebrate the old with returning contestants whilst bringing something new and fresh with the new judges.

I’m also on that mailing list, see what else pops up through the season, I won’t be making it to St Kilda for that event and I can’t be bothered to deal with the potential crowd.

I did a bit of social media searching to see if I could see any photo’s from Friday’s St Kilda event.

Here are some of the contestants I could see for next season in a couple of different photos of the event:

Simon Toohey (runner up last year)
Samira (3rd place season 5)
Callum Hann (season 2 runner up )
Emelia Jackson (3rd place Masterchef 2014)

The following are guesses based on who I can kinda see in photos. I’m pretty sure it’s them but not 100%.
Reynold (4th place 2015)
Sarah (6th place 2017).

I noticed though that some of these contestants are still active on social media, so maybe the filming schedule isn’t as locked down like other seasons.

1 Like

@Chris

Looks like a good cast so far.

It seems like mostly people who made it pretty far in their seasons, everyone that I metnioned above made it to at least finals week. Which is even more exciting as I thought they would moreso go for early boots who aren’t doing much with their time on the show.

In other words, this season’s contestants don’t have to live together in the same mansion?

It doesn’t look like it. Seems like they are less restricted on non-filming days. I can see some of these contestants posting stories/pics over the weekend.

Mate how do I get on this list???

They did a post on the facebook page where you could register a couple of weeks ago.

I hope Hayden Quinn from S3 and Kylie Miller from S4 are on it! Would also love to see Brent S6 winner and Billie S7 winner.

I’m wondering if Julie Goodwin is back as she quit her radio show on Star 1045 on the central coast but was staying until they had a replacement. Thing is she hasn’t returned this year with a newsreader covering her role with Rabbit.

Julie is not eligible to compete as this season is for past contestants who did not win the title. She (along with Brent and Billie) could be a guest chef though.

Where was it mentioned winners weren’t included?