Nine Network 2020

This could work, as Lego is among the favourite toys for children around the world.

1 Like
2 Likes

I wonder if nine has obtained the rights to American Idol because they have the rights to the Australian version. I know a few years ago it was announced seven had the rights but nothing came to fruition.

i think nine picked it up coz foxtel didnt. foxtel last year and the year before i belive had the rights. and this year foxtel didnt get it coz it couldnt afford the rights

1 Like

I just wonder if there is more to it than that.

It’s such a dated format. The Voice, X Factor and Got Talent are better formats.

1 Like

Weird that Nine are showing the same episode of Idol this Thursday on 9Go and then again next Tuesday after The Voice,

1 Like

I think Nine bought the rights to American Idol as a short term programming measure. There are 16 episodes this season. If Nine shows it once per week it will last until mid October.

They are showing the 2nd episode tomorrow on 9GO and then repeating it again next Tuesday after The Voice.

1 Like

Perhaps 9 thought 7 were going to have a crack at a revived Local version so they bought the US version to spoil it.
There was a report that 7 bought the rights to the X factor USA 10 yrs ago with no intention to air it, just so that the brand didn’t get dilated.