Nine Network 2020

Sarah posted on her Instagram on January 15 that Perfect Serve would air on Nine in the third quarter of 2020.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7VcuiTFAQl/

2 Likes

According to BingeBox nine are considering a kids version of Lego Masters.

Seems sensible since kids love lego and they shouldn’t have a problem attracting applicants.

I have a feeling that this is to fill the end of the year and is in response to Junior Masterchef being commissioned.

God, they’re all coming back 10 years on :scream:

I know so many kids variations. I think this will come in Q1 possibly if Married at First Sight is delayed (which it might not be at the moment). I actually wonder if 9 would consider filming Married in South Australia or Western Australia where restrictions are relaxed.

Nine could also do a kids version of Married At First Sight where kids dressed up for the wedding and played at being married. Maybe they’d be too well behaved though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They could film the weddings at schools. Restrictions don’t apply at schools.

1 Like

Getting them pissed at the dinner party in the playground will be fun.

1 Like

You’d get the same effect with red cordial and copious amounts of lollies.

9 Likes

This could work, as Lego is among the favourite toys for children around the world.

1 Like
2 Likes

I wonder if nine has obtained the rights to American Idol because they have the rights to the Australian version. I know a few years ago it was announced seven had the rights but nothing came to fruition.

i think nine picked it up coz foxtel didnt. foxtel last year and the year before i belive had the rights. and this year foxtel didnt get it coz it couldnt afford the rights

1 Like

I just wonder if there is more to it than that.

It’s such a dated format. The Voice, X Factor and Got Talent are better formats.

1 Like

Weird that Nine are showing the same episode of Idol this Thursday on 9Go and then again next Tuesday after The Voice,

1 Like

I think Nine bought the rights to American Idol as a short term programming measure. There are 16 episodes this season. If Nine shows it once per week it will last until mid October.

They are showing the 2nd episode tomorrow on 9GO and then repeating it again next Tuesday after The Voice.

1 Like

Perhaps 9 thought 7 were going to have a crack at a revived Local version so they bought the US version to spoil it.
There was a report that 7 bought the rights to the X factor USA 10 yrs ago with no intention to air it, just so that the brand didn’t get dilated.