Nine Network 2020

Okay, boomer :wink:

1 Like

Such a millennial thing to say. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nine has bought Prison, a 3 x 60 mins documentary series about UK prisons that “offers a raw glimpse inside the UK prison system and highlights the issues that those behind bars face within the system”.

3 Likes

Looks like the yet to be announced David Attenborough series is The Green Planet, co-commissioned by the BBC and PBS America. The 5-part series will debut in 2021.

1 Like

Undercover Twins was made for UK multichannel 5STAR. The Channel 5 website describes it: “In this dating series, identical twins Summer and Eden go looking for love as one person”.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/2019121757832/parade-closes-deals-for-330-hours-of-content.html

1 Like

Sarah posted on her Instagram on January 15 that Perfect Serve would air on Nine in the third quarter of 2020.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7VcuiTFAQl/

2 Likes

According to BingeBox nine are considering a kids version of Lego Masters.

Seems sensible since kids love lego and they shouldn’t have a problem attracting applicants.

I have a feeling that this is to fill the end of the year and is in response to Junior Masterchef being commissioned.

God, they’re all coming back 10 years on :scream:

I know so many kids variations. I think this will come in Q1 possibly if Married at First Sight is delayed (which it might not be at the moment). I actually wonder if 9 would consider filming Married in South Australia or Western Australia where restrictions are relaxed.

Nine could also do a kids version of Married At First Sight where kids dressed up for the wedding and played at being married. Maybe they’d be too well behaved though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They could film the weddings at schools. Restrictions don’t apply at schools.

1 Like

Getting them pissed at the dinner party in the playground will be fun.

1 Like

You’d get the same effect with red cordial and copious amounts of lollies.

9 Likes

This could work, as Lego is among the favourite toys for children around the world.

1 Like
2 Likes

I wonder if nine has obtained the rights to American Idol because they have the rights to the Australian version. I know a few years ago it was announced seven had the rights but nothing came to fruition.

i think nine picked it up coz foxtel didnt. foxtel last year and the year before i belive had the rights. and this year foxtel didnt get it coz it couldnt afford the rights

1 Like

I just wonder if there is more to it than that.

It’s such a dated format. The Voice, X Factor and Got Talent are better formats.

1 Like