Nine Network 2017

The Australian reported this week that Nine’s 2017 upfronts would be held at The Star in Sydney on Tuesday, November 8. It will feature “star-studded line-up of international and local speakers never before seen on one stage”.
These programs are confirmed so far for 2017:
Married at First Sight (season 4) - will air at 7pm or 7.30pm against My Kitchen Rules
The Voice (season 6)
House Husbands (season 5)
Here Come the Habibs (season 2)
Doctor Doctor (season 2)
Australian Ninja Warrior
House of Bond
This Time Next Year
Netball (includes new national league, Quad Series, Constellation Cup and Fast 5)
NRL
International cricket in Australia (The Ashes at the end of the year will be huge)
FIFA World Cup qualifiers featuring Australia

I expect either Hyde & Seek or Love Child will be renewed for next year. After Reno Rumble and The Briefcase flopped earlier this year, Nine will need a new reality show to air in winter. Nine could pick up another David Attenborough documentary from the BBC.
What do you expect to be on Nine’s line-up next year? Will there be more surprises?

I’ll call it now. Cam, Craft, Wilkins, and whoever they’ve dredged up from overseas for The Voice.

7 Likes

Don’t think a one hour documentary would be much to crow about. One hour out of how many hours in a survey year?

Does the fact that Nine have not yet confirmed that The Block will return in 2017 possibly say something about the future of the franchise? Personally I hope this season will be the last, it’s a rather tired format!

I’d probably expect more of the same from Nine next year. No major ratings toppers apart from live sports coverage and maybe news/current affairs on the East Coast.

Married at First Sight up against MKR? I think we all know who’ll be the winner there. If Seven plan to run that Paul Hogan documentary at/around the same time, then I think Nine will have a hard time keeping up in the first quarter of the year unless they’ve also got something big to start 2017 with.

If Seven plans to show the Paul Hogan mini-series on the first Sunday of February (similar to Molly this year), February 5, will Nine play fire with fire by showing House of Bond against it? There is no live sport on Nine that day which should help its scheduling.
I reckon The Block will be back next year. The problem is finding a suitable site so the building can be redeveloped into apartments. It can’t also be too expensive otherwise money raised from auction sales and sponsorship won’t cover the cost.

1 Like

7pm?

7pm on Sundays after the news, 7.30pm weeknights after ACA.

1 Like

That would be a mistake because there is no way that there is anywhere as much interest in Bond as there would be for Hoges.

Don’t they usually wait until the current season finishes before announcing details of the next? It will most likely screen in the last part of the year again, so even if it isn’t announced in the Upfronts it could still go ahead.

1 Like

I was reading last month’s GQ magazine and they had a mention of House Husbands starting in September. :laughing:

##HI-5 RETURNS TO NINE

New series, new cast and set to launch in 2017

Beloved children’s entertainment group Hi-5 and Nine today announced a major network partnership which will see the globally successful Hi-5 franchise make a grand return to Australian free-to-air television, and the Nine Network, with a brand new series, set and cast, reinvigorated by the original creative team of Australian producers and writers.

The partnership will commence immediately, with casting audition details to be announced soon. The new Hi-5 television series will premiere in 2017, targeting children aged from two to five.

Executive Creative Director and Executive Producer for Hi-5, Julie Greene, said: “Historically Hi-5 has been one of the most recognised children’s television programs in Australia and we are delighted to be returning to our original home at Channel Nine and bringing our show back to our audience.

“We’re really excited to be working with Nine to develop a reinvigorated Hi-5 show. It will continue to offer the opportunity for active participation from children at home, with a sense that they are sharing in a dynamic, physically involving and sensitive exploration of their world, while also giving a platform to showcase a new lineup of ‘triple threat’ of young Australian talent who can sing, dance and act.”

Nine’s Managing Director, Amanda Laing, said: “We are thrilled to welcome home the globally successful Hi-5 franchise to Nine and this partnership reinforces our commitment to discovering new talent and showcasing quality children’s programming.”

2 Likes

No doubt airing on GO! with the rest of the pre-school programming.

1 Like

And I am also assuming on GO!?

I’ve heard Nine are looking for a co-host with a music background for this next season.

I wonder if The Verdict will be back?

Co-host or new host? :wink: Let the rumours begin. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sorry to be a pedant, but I think you guys mean 9Go! - Remember the slight rebrand late last year? :wink:

Anyway, I do agree that Hi-5 will most likely air on 9Go! alongside all the other C/P classification programs.

It was supposed to return after Easter this year but never did.

Thankfully, I think that the chances of a return for The Verdict are quite slim. If Nine really wanted to air the show this year, they probably would’ve done so by now.

2 Likes

Nine director of sales television Richard Hunwick has told News Corp that Love Child has been renewed for 2017 and it’s possible Hyde & Seek will follow suit.

Nine has picked up British documentary The World’s Deadliest Weather at MIPCOM at Cannes this week.

Seeming that Nine are Free from airing Any New US Scripted Content, Because they never rate Highly when it airs on the Main Channel.

Nine are getting in early with their Married at First Sight promos. I hope we are all ready for the 3 months of promos.

New show from Richard Wilkins announced - The A List

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/the-a-list/2038

1 Like

Saw an ad last night for a show called ‘Travel Guides’ (or something like that) so it seems Nine are going to be “straight out of the gates” in bombarding viewers about their 2017 lineup