Nine Network 2017

The Telegraph says Nine will buy the rights for Dancing With The Stars in the hope of “reviving” Sonia Kruger’s career.

1 Like

More like give a reason as to why Nine don’t want Sonia on The Voice.

2 Likes

It would be a stupid move if they do so. Nine already been burnt once trying to ‘revive’ a show which has ‘run its course’ on Seven in Australia’s Got Talent for them to do the same strategy again

7 Likes

Stupid idea if they try to revive Dancing with the Stars. I would be giving it a few years. Or a decade.

3 Likes

I’d personally like to see Dancing on Ice bought back with huge insurance claims, but maybe that’s because I’m a masochist.

6 Likes

Could be merged with a Hey Hey revival - Daryl hosting with Lavinia, Red judging and Wilbur in the band.

1 Like

I’d prefer a Dickie Knee from Dancing on Ice :smiley:

2 Likes

And it does help Nine’s brand which is known for revitalising rejected shows and talent. Plus who even ballroom dances anymore??

[quote=“Megalomaniacally, post:21, topic:1959, full:true”]
The Telegraph says Nine will buy the rights for Dancing With The Stars in the hope of “reviving” Sonia Kruger’s career. [/quote]
It’s going to take a lot more than that to revive her career now. Why would she do it after she specifically quit the show because she was sick of doing it?

1 Like

I agree, but Nine does have a stable of “stars”** that could milk the show for a year or two for 600-800k viewers

** ageing but still… some of them were stars back in the day. In their minds.

Indeed. Some should not be in the stable but sent to the knackery. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

David Campbell mentioned on Today Extra the other morning that Dancing With The Stars was now up for grabs and maybe Nine might pick it up.Wouldn’t surprise me that David and Sonia end up hosting but the biggest issue is the so called ‘stars’ every reject on Nine’s books will end up a star again ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Networks really have an aversion to new content and formats.

2 Likes

Or maybe they will try and revive Daryl Somers’ career as well and reunite him with Sonia for Dancing With The Geriatric Stars. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

First season contestants: Scott Cam, Richard Wilkins, Karl Stefanovic, Tracy Grimshaw, Tara Brown :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Fitzy & Wippa, that guy from Here Come The Habibs, that girl from Love Child …and finally that dodgy guy from Farmer Wants A Wife, Married At First Sight and A Current Affair last week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

How about they have Blocky as a contestant? They might be able to double his net value :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Tonight it’s House Husbands’ turn featuring Delta Goodrem.

Nine is expected to roll out a new cooking show with teams of families, three to four nights from mid year, probably to made by Endemol Shine, The Australian is reporting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same format the BBC has in pre-production as a replacement for The Great British Bake Off which they lost to channel 4.

Hot on the heels of hit BBC food competition The Great British Bake Off, contestants are being sought for a new BBC2 cooking competition looking for Britain’s Best Home Cooks. Production company Voltage TV is looking for people from our county who are passionate about cooking to take part in Family Food Fight. They want to hear from people who are renowned for their home cooked dishes. Perhaps you have a family recipe that’s been passed down for generations or it’s a real family event every time you get the pots and pans out and cook.

More cooking shows in store for next year… nothing to see here. :expressionless::zzz:

4 Likes

So plans to do “Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia” have been killed off?