Nine Cricket Coverage

Disappointing to see an SD feed of the cricket tonight on 9Gem HD.

Strange…must be a Melbourne thing?

The cricket’s in native HD here in Sydney:

6 Likes

Steve Waugh is commentating now… geez when was the last time he was behind the mic?

During 24th over James Bracey said a warm welcome to viewers from NSW, VIC, QLD, ACT and TAS watching the India v New Zealand game on Nine. This is a simulcast of the semi final match on 9 and 9GEM

3 Likes

just did one for the SA and NT viewers

That’s during The 32nd over for SA and NT viewers. By the time it approaches to 48-49 overs it’s WA’s turn that Nine joins in simulcast with GEM.

Definately SD in Melbourne on 95. The difference between 9Gem ‘HD’ and Nine HD is really obvious.

Interesting to see that it’s HD in Sydney.

1 Like

What a waste of bandwidth to have cricket simulcast on 4 channels.

5 Likes

Perhaps there’s some weird problem which is preventing every market’s HD encoders for the 9Gem HD service running at once? Because I’m sure I saw a post a couple of days ago which suggested that 9GemHD was upconverted SD in Perth.

1 Like

9HD:

9Gem “HD”:

8 Likes

Why hasn’t 9gem ended, coverage us on main channel after Ninja?

1 Like

Coverage on Channel 9HD Perth on (90) and no HD bug on my screen

1 Like

So I guess there won’t be any simulcasting when the match resumes (not restarts, but resumes) this evening from the 47th over of the NZ innings?

1 Like

Any simulcast will have to come after Nine’s coverage of State of Origin tonight. Perhaps Nine will have to cut short its post-match wrap. With James Bracey hosting SOO broadcast, maybe either Mark Taylor or Ian Healy will take up the hosting role for the cricket on 9Gem.

They may possibly do this for the southern states, but since Australia aren’t playing, I don’t think they will do that in NSW or QLD.

1 Like

Tonight’s coverage on 9Gem

ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 - SEMI-FINAL NO. 1 - INDIA V NEW ZEALAND

East Coast
07:30 - 11:30pm

Adelaide
07:00 pm - 11:00pm

Perth
05:30 pm - 9:30 pm

3 Likes

Last night, due to the rain delay in Manchester, Nine replayed the highlights of the Cricket World Cup Final 2003 between Australia and India. I didn’t watch the India innings (as I was off to bed) but what did Nine played during overnight?

They played (in WA and probably other states) random television shows

3 Likes

No simulcast of “Day 2” of the ‘one day’ Cricket World Cup semi between India vs NZ tonight.

Ninja Warrior Encore on 9 right now, cricket on 9Gem & 9Gem HD only

Telecast finished at 12:03am.

1 Like