Nine Cricket Coverage

During 26th over Bec Maddern telling Perth viewers to switch from 9Gem to Nine.

1 Like

Channel change advice graphic

3 Likes

The 9Gem HD problem happened in Perth, but it was fixed, just saying I have a Set Top Box for one of my digital TVs (bizarrely it is a HD Screen) because it cannot get Channel 9 or Gem in HD, but my other TV can get those channels, plus I have Foxtel (because of my parents) and I watch Nine’s coverage because it is better than Foxtel. I am hopeful that Gem HD expands but what city are you from?

So Nine were prepared to simulcast most of the 1st IND vs NZ semi final on 9Gem and 9, show all of the AUS vs ENG 2nd semi on 9, but the ENG vs NZ final tonight is 9Gem only?

Consistent scheduling this ain’t.

1 Like

At least it’s in HD and they had plenty of promotions during the game Thursday night saying which channel will have which programs on and it’s on the channel in which the whole WC has been on. If you can’t figure that out, give up watching TV. :man_facepalming:

Nine already has Australian Ninja Warrior scheduled for tonight. Moving it to Monday to make way for the cricket will affect its schedule for the next three nights.

1 Like

For tonight, I’m not sure whether James Bracey or Rebecca Maddern will be hosting the final between England v New Zealand.

I’m guessing it won’t be Bec because she’ll be hosting Ninja Warrior on 9 at the same time.

Ninja isn’t live…

1 Like

I know that, but Nine may not want one of their personalities to be seen on two of their channels at once.

It may confuse some who might think Ninja is live.

1 Like

I don’t think that would be a factor at all.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. We might find out tonight.

James will be hosting tonight.

1 Like

Yeah probably not a great look having Bec at Ninja Warrior one moment, and suddenly at a studio the next (even though most viewers would know the show is pre-recorded months in advance)

2 Likes

Hosting tonight

Promo

4 Likes

I feel the picture quality on channel 95 here in Melbourne for the Cricket World Cup final is not as good as the past few nights. Is the match being shown on upscaled SD?

1 Like

I would have thought that this was shown on upscaled SD on 95, however bit rate on ch 95 is much lower than Channel 9

Yeah, it doesn’t look like HD again. There was also the same issue a few nights ago for the IND v NZ semi final.

Cricket World Cup 2019 Final Watermark popped up on the screen. No longer #CWC19, but changed to a different watermark on top left hand screen.

I think 9Gem HD in Melbourne has been in SD only all throughout the schedule for awhile now. Very lazy of Nine not to fix the issue. Hopefully someone notices prior to the Ashes.

2 Likes