Nine Cricket Coverage

Though the picture quality is looking rather awful on 9 GEM tonight.

Perhaps it’s bit rate starved due to Origin?

1 Like

T20I?

I doubt Nine will be doing in house coverage for that game as it starts at 3:30am AEST.

1 Like

Fair enough, might record it just to see what they do do. And in the oft chance we don’t get flogged I can watch it

1 Like

Is anybody apart from a group of loyal cricket enthusiasts in Melbourne actually watching this? Especially on SOO night. The new low of lows performance by our squad the other day too. Pathetic and sad times. Let’s hope next summer of a complete refresh for the cricketers and performance too

I quickly switch over during Origin ad breaks and half time.

CIrrus clouds floating in Manchester

2 Likes

Those innocuous clouds were no indication of the calamity to come for the poor old Aussies…

From a healthy position of 2-85 after 11.1 overs in your cap to all out for 205 with more than 15 overs to spare…

:scream:

The Australian cricket team have performed so badly in England. The Australians have lost 12 out of the 14 games. The problem is that there’s no Mitchell Starc in the squad following an injury that he suffered in March. Like I say, the Australian Cricket Team needs an overhaul for ODIs. They need to bring back Faulkner in the squad.

1 Like

Meanwhile England are 3/23, could get interesting.

Sorry but that’s a terrible idea.

Tonight (Australian time) the England and Wales Cricket Board released its 2019 international schedule. Of most interest to Australian fans is the Ashes series which follows the ICC World Cup. Edgbaston will host the opening match of next year’s Ashes, with Old Trafford and Headingley joining Lord’s and The Oval as the other venues.

The 2019 Ashes schedule
Edgbaston, August 1-5, 1st Test
Lord’s, August 14-18, 2nd Test
Headingley, August 22-26, 3rd Test
Old Trafford, September 4-8, 4th Test
The Oval, September 12-16, 5th Test

Due to time difference, the final two tests will clash with Nine’s coverage of NRL finals on Friday and Saturday nights, and will certainly take fans away from Seven’s coverage of AFL finals as well.
Nine has exclusive rights to the Ashes and share broadcast rights to the World Cup with Fox Sports. I guess for AFL states, the cricket will stay on 9Gem with the NRL on 9GO!.

Before the Ashes series, England will host Ireland in the first ever test between the two countries, a four-day match at Lord’s from July 24 to 27.

With the 2019 Ashes series, I believe that The Nine Network will use their own commentators like Nicholas, healy, Clarke, Taylor, Pietersen (similar to the 2015 Ashes where Nine hold its exclusive rights). Slater is currently at 7 for the summer of cricket, Warne is at Fox.
But I suppose that Nine will use their graphics that they’ve used during the 2017-18 series.
I don’t think that people will stream all Ashes matches on the 9Now app (similar to the 2017-18 Ashes)

I would be expecting they would use Sky Sports graphics as they did in 2015.

You mean 2013. Nine did use their own graphics in the 2015 series.

4 Likes

My apologies.
Yes that’s right. They changed the cycle.

Veteran Sydney tailor Stan Cutler is making a one-off recreation of a Richie Benaud cream jacket which will be auctioned at The Centenary Institute dinner on 20 September with the proceeds going to fund scientific medical research.

Paywall:

Nine will broadcast every Australian match plus all finals of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament from the West Indies on 9Gem, starting with Australia v Pakistan at Guyana this Saturday (November 10) from 6.30am AEDT. Every match of the tournament will be shown live on Fox Cricket channel. Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar will be part of the ICC commentary team for the entire tournament.

EDIT: here is 9Gem’s broadcast schedule of ICC Women’s World Twenty20, replying to a fan’s question.

6 Likes

ICC WOMEN’S WORLD TWENTY20

The greatest female cricket players in the world converge in the West Indies for the sixth ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament, with all Australian games and finals LIVE on 9GEM and 9Now, beginning with Australia Vs Pakistan on Saturday, November 10th.

The top ten national teams in women ‘s cricket do battle throughout the course of November, with Australia’s team in red-hot form and considered one of the favourites to take out the tournament.

After scoring five half-centuries in the past month, Australia’s Alyssa Healy , the niece of cricket great Ian Healy, is firing when it counts, and looks to stamp her authority against Pakistan this weekend.

She is joined by superstar all-rounder and dual-international Ellyse Perry , along with team captain and star batter Meg Lanning , as Australia fronts their strongest women’s T20 team ever.

Coverage will be hosted by Alicia Loxley , joined by former Australian men’s captain Mark Taylor and former Australian great Ian Healy to provide expert analysis and opinions.

5 Likes

Surprised to see Ian Healy will be part of the coverage given his new gig with Fox Cricket.

5 Likes