Nine Cricket Coverage

I agree. As much as I’m glad Nine have lost the Cricket Australia broadcasting rights (and for similar reasons, I personally hope the current contract is the last one for Nine having the NRL rights), it’d be quite a stretch to say that literally everyone in Australia felt that way.

Knowing what Seven has been like with their sports coverage in recent years, I somehow doubt their coverage of the Summer of Cricket for 2018-19 will be any better.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but you’re Nine fanboyism throws any credibility out when it comes to such comments. And the Nine fanboy army will now bash me

Should members feel the same way when you comment about MasterChef, movies or Melbourne?

12 Likes

IT’S LIKE RAAAAAAAAAAINNNNN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY…

8 Likes

Feed lost

Image_0616-2113(9HD%20Brisbane)%5BOne%20Day%20Series%20-%20England%20V%20Australia%20Pre-match%5D

2 Likes

Damn you got me. And I’m pretty disappointed my favourite BortMan didn’t like that post, the only mod not to :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Board doyen @Steve Holland also missed out.

3 Likes

Man, we’re throwing around that very special word a bit lately aren’t we?

You’d hate to be @TelevisionAU right about now

6 Likes

Constantly :wink:

6 Likes

Who on earth?

Steve Holland. Disappeared right around the establishment of the Reich.

3 Likes

I see.

2 Likes

So will Nine be sending their commentary team to England for the Ashes next year or will they do the sensible thing and just take the Sky Sports feed?

Thing is I’d have thought it’d be much cheaper to just pay Sky Sports their royalty fee that it would to fly about 10 people over to the UK accomidate and feed them for 3 months. Looking at it from a logistical point of view

2 Likes

Tom Malone said on a Mediaweek podcast last month they were yet to decide.

4 Likes

Presumably a lot of them would be over there anyway - particularly those covering the World Cup beforehand, so getting them to stay longer is probably less of a logistics issue.

Maybe Mark Nicholas has a few spare rooms.

3 Likes

I’m sure Austin Powers would have a room or two. Might be a party every night too. Would they all fit into the Schagwar though to get to the ground eah day?

With Michael Slater joining Seven’s commentary team today, I reckon Mark Taylor or Ian Healy will host 9Gem’s telecast of the fifth and final one-dayer between England and Australia on Sunday, as well as the Twenty20 match next week.

2 Likes

Slater is hosting, probably his final appearance on Nine.

2 Likes

And Ponting in the combox.

It’s nice to see Nine/Seven playing nice and allowing Slater to stay on with Nine until this series is finished, and not drop him right away.