Nine Cricket Coverage

WHo are the commentators in the Australia v nz game from the scg?

Oh my, when the coverage returned from the ad break, Heals was still on his phone!

Nicholas, Slater, Taylor, Healy, Clarke and Pietersen.

1 Like

Nine showing a T20 from 2007 during the rain delay.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Had to have a laugh at News posting an article bagging KP’s commentary and calling for Ten’s BBL commentators to do all T20’s. They do realise KP is apart of Ten’s BBL commentary team also.

5 Likes

Something has gone haywire with Nine’s EPG.
Normally they are very good with this kind of thing.
I’m glad the cricket is actually on, as I couldn’t stomach 4 hours of Tracy.

10 Likes

Same in Melbourne

1 Like

In Brisbane/Gold Coast, it looks like we will get to see the first episode of Underbelly: Chopper tonight! That is when the 2 hour 20 minute Nine News finishes.

5 Likes

That’s one helluva LONGGG sneak peak!

The real thing must be an absolute marathon then.

6 Likes

Tonight is the first time in quite a while that Michael Slater has been absent from the commentary box.

2 Likes

Sure was a lot of News as well

2 Likes

You’ve got the same PVR as me!! I recognise that style EPG from mine

Nine has been showing its social media links on its cricket graphics during tonight’s Twenty20 match. Has it been done during the summer?

Hopefully tonight’s T20 International between the Aussies & the Poms is the last Cricket match broadcasted by Channel 9 for a long time.

4 Likes

Wishful thinking though… they have the Ashes from England next year live and exclusive.

Well the last match broadcasted from Australia then.

I wonder if the commentators will thank viewers for watching the coverage at the end of tonight’s T20I?

In any case, I also hope it’ll be the last time that Channel Nine broadcasts cricket (in Australia) for a very long time. Mind you, that isn’t the only sport that needs to move away from Nine after a long association with the network. * cough * Rugby League * cough *

6 Likes

Did Nine even bother showing the points table for this tri-series? Painful stuff trying to skirt around the fact they don’t have the NZ games. What was that crap at the end?

Nine has just signed-off - they thanked viewers for watching throughout Summer but didn’t directly or indirectly referred to the rights situation like Adam Gilchrist did last Sunday at the end of the BBL final

At the end of the match, it was mentioned that Australia’s win tonight means they’ve qualified for the final.

2 Likes