Nine Cricket Coverage

And that’s only 2 days before they fly out to South Africa.

I noticed the Daddles the Duck audio is not heard on international coverage even though broadcasters like BT Sport and Willow are taking a direct Nine feed . Is that audio played separately from the animation? Seems odd.

2 Likes

I swear he quacks “fuck off” just as he exits the right of screen.

1 Like

The Twenty/20 series starts Saturday next week and there is still no news on whether the three matches in New Zealand will be shown on Nine. Even a late night highlights show will be welcome.

1 Like

I reckon it’s unlikely Nine will show any of the NZ games.

The Ashes in England (and World Cup games) are pretty much the only overseas games shown on free to air.

1 Like

It was confirmed ages ago they won’t be showing it

So that leaves a press release from Fox Sports next week confirming the telecast details for the NZ games. I hope this is the last time a free-to-air network is unable to show the end of a cricket tournament.

And there it is. Graphic comes up promoting the T20 series with only the three games played in Australia listed and no mention of the final or the New Zealand home games . Interesting to see how far Nine take this.

Mark Nicholas mentioned it at one stage though.

Telecast finished tonight at around 9.35pm AEDT after the match finished early in Australia’s flavour.

1 Like

Is it just me or is the crowd sound turned down today? Commentators and stump mic are good, but for a big crowd it sounds very subdued.

1 Like

strong textFROM WHAT I KNOW CHANNEL 9 WILL NO LONGER HAVE CRICKET AFTER TODAY

1 Like

Well that’s interesting considering the guides for next week show Twenty20 matches on Channel 9.

Also, not sure why your yelling? :thinking:

8 Likes

Are you implying that there will be new broadcasters in the next tv deal?

They have the return Ashes in the UK next year, exclusive. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::thinking:

1 Like

Channel 9 have brought back the glow stick transitions, without any text either…

2 Likes

3 commentator stints have made a comeback for this T20 series

1 Like

Man it looks bad.

Nearly as bad as the Kiwis batting

4 Likes

I wanted to scratch my eyes out.