Nine Cricket Coverage

I would love it if it did get rained out tomorrow. That would make the Boxing Day test the exciting match it’s supposed to be still!!

1 Like

Obviously, I was referring to the Aussies bowling the Poms out in the play they get.

I would like a draw, technically not a loss and series still on the line for the famous Ashes Boxing Day Test :raised_hands:

Has there been any washouts at the WACA back in the days?

1 Like

Play has been abandoned for the day due to heavy rain, thus today’s coverage finished right on time at 8.30pm AEDT. Tomorrow’s broadcast will start at 12.30pm AEDT with play beginning 30 minutes later.

3 Likes

Play was washed-out around 7:45pm AEST (possibly earlier).

As predicted, hardly any play tonight.

And virtually zero in Brisbane and certainly Perth.

I criticise Steve Smith a little

1 Like

But there was enough play for a result in Brisbane. I’m not sure that Steve Smith is responsible for the weather.

7 Likes

The idea of play being washed out is usually considered retrospectively when players don’t return to the field. (For example, the final hour of play was washed out). Play was considered washed out, around 8:20pmAEST as @JohnsonTV pointed out earlier.

2 Likes

I meant when play stopped / rain delay started.

1 Like

What for?

Bad tactics in deciding when it would rain. Nine won’t be happy and it could impact the next rights deal.

5 Likes

For starters, he probably should’ve declared last night, way before stumps. Many also commented similar on social media.

1 Like

But they weren’t even in front at the end of play last night were they? Or if they were it was by under 100 runs. His tactic is to bowl England out without having to bat again.

2 Likes

Guten tag mein cricket faithful :wave:

So the latest news is:

•Raining in Perth, expected to ease this arvo.
•Water managed to get onto the wicket overnight, not sure where the WACA curator was, so not flash.
•Heard on radio ICC officials will decide shortly whether to abandon Day 5, due to the pitch issue.

No doubt the Poms will be talking it up.

Was very confident of an Aussie victory and indeed series win before I saw this though.

Planning a trip to Germany?

if it was Ten showing the Gillette T20 Series instead of Nine I’m sure they will promote the hell out of the Fox Sports coverage. In the past I remember watching BBL on Ten before the ODI World Cup in 2015 and they were plugging the Fox Sports coverage (and Foxtel was a telecast sponsor). Also during One’s A-League coverage they are plugging the hell out of Fox Sports and Foxtel programmes (the telecast is a simulcast of Fox Sports).

Nein :pensive:

1 Like

The answer to this question is because some people don’t have any over-the-air TV reception (like I have in my Melbourne flat at the moment, I live in a marginal to poor reception area and rabbit ears indoor aerials just don’t cut it!) and use the Freeview FV app plus chromecast to stream to their TV instead. But the live cricket coverage is blocked on 9Now because CA wants you to buy their Live Pass for $29.95 (or free if your phone or internet is with Optus) in order to watch the cricket online. And it is not chromecast compatible.

But, the documentary is already on 9Now…not talking about the cricket coverage itself.

2 Likes

There is still lots of water during the pitches inside it and as a result the game was delayed.

Game delayed due to rain. Why the CHannel 9 have plastered the live and free graphics when they show replay of the 2013-14 ashes?

2 Likes