Nine Cricket Coverage

Tonight’s telecast finished at 10:25pm (25min over scheduled time on EPG, despite stumps bang on 10pm).

Nine’s useless post-game blabber with Mark Nicholas for nearly half an hour :sleeping:

Lethal Weapon fans not happy on social media!

3 Likes

I’m still not happy that it’s become a Test Match movie, it was always on after the One Dayers and now they’ve moved it into December as a post test match movie. It’s just not cricket.

1 Like

Lethal Weapon 2 is on Netflix, that would be a better option. :smiley:

Surely anyone who is a fan has a copy they can watch without ads any time they want?

2 Likes

Good thing they’re outnumbered by cricket fans.

7 Likes

Telecast finished tonight at 10:24pm.

I’m a little surprised that anybody still watches movies on terrestrial TV to be honest.

5 Likes

I recently phoned Channel 9 and a programming co-ordinator told me that only first 3 matches of the Gillette T20 series will be available on Nine. The other matches from the 13th Feb will be available via Fox Sports.

3 Likes

The remaining matches are in NZ. Channel 9 only covering the 3 matches in Australia involving Australia.

2 Likes

That’s what I have been fearing. There will be many disgruntled viewers when Nine commentators tell them to watch the last three group games and final on Fox Sports. It is like watching part 1 of mini series on FTA and part 2 on pay TV.

1 Like

I doubt they’ll mention it. Honestly, I wouldn’t expect them to promote Fox.

3 Likes

New Zealand, Asia and North America may be the only regions to see all matches of the Gillette T20 tournament on a single broadcaster. UK faces the same situation as Australia with the first three matches on BT Sport and the last three matches plus the final on Sky Sports.

5 Likes

I’m surprised they agreed to the tri-series concept without working out some rights sharing deal.

Suppose Nine will just treat them as standalone matches and not focus on it being part of a series.

5 Likes

Yeah this will blow up.

And they probably won’t even mention the NZ games + final. It will be a pathetic secret Nine commentators will be forced to keep from viewers.

7 Likes

According to Ashes souvenir magazine, Forged in Fire documentary will focus on four Ashes series from the past: 1974-75 series in Australia, and 1981, 1989 and 2005 series in England.
It will be shown right after the first three day’s play of the third Ashes test from tomorrow, except in WA where it will air at 8.30pm tomorrow, 7.30pm on Friday and 8pm on Saturday.

THIRD ASHES TEST

STARTS TOMORROW

FOLLOWED BY ‘FORGED IN FIRE’

The 2017-18 Magellan Ashes Series continues tomorrow LIVE, FREE and EXCLUSIVE on Channel Nine.

The Ashes are still in the balance despite Australia winning the first two Tests in Brisbane and Adelaide, and the action shifts to the crucial third Test in Perth tomorrow in what will be a farewell for the historic WACA ground.

Conditions are expected to be challenging for the visitors as temperatures soar over the next few days, with the WACA living up to its “Furnace” nickname.

With a 2-0 lead in the five-Test series, Australia will be looking to “Return the Urn” against an England squad searching for redemption.

The compelling three-part documentary series Forged in Fire will also go to air during the Perth Test, with an episode each night on December 14, 15 and 16 at 9.00pm AEDT on Nine following each day’s play.

The series features Test legends from Australia and England discussing infamous tales from cricket folklore, as the extraordinary 135-year history of The Ashes is retold by those who lived it.

Forged in Fire is also available for viewing right now on 9Now.

2 Likes

Any word whether they can be streamed LIVE on 9Now?

Why would you want to stream it live as it airs on TV when you can stream it anytime anyway?

7 Likes

A heavy thunderstorm is forecast with squall late this arvo / tonight (Perth time), up to 20mm predicted too.

Which will affect play and Nine’s prime-time on the east coast.

Chance of a washout tonight if it persists, Seven execs for Carols in the Domain can’t believe their luck!

Also, similar forcasts next few days with potential for more rain delays/washouts, in which case and given current scores, I’d say Australia will just be declared winners and indeed the series.

I think you might need to check up on your understanding of cricket. If it’s rained out today/tomorrow and Australia don’t bowl England out in the 2nd Inns for less than the total run Australian make, than the Match is a draw.

Being a draw means the Ashes head to Melbourne with England still a chance to hold them. The series is still alive if that the case!

7 Likes