Nine Cricket Coverage

I like the 06-07 one the best.

I’ll just leave this here

1 Like

I found I wanted to switch over to the golf when Shane Warne was on.

Kevin Pietersen, please stop being silly and just commentate seriously on the game.

Hang on?! So KP being silly on BBL is fine, but when one has a personality on Nine and it’s OMG jut commentate the game?! FFS!!

Don’t care what he does on BBL, but for Test match commentary I don’t want “personality”, just good, expert commentary on the game we are watching. Nothing silly. No rubbish.

4 Likes

I agree, but I don’t mind the odd funny quip here and there.

I have noticed something. There are 2 commentators for each stint on 9, however, every time Michael Vaughn is commentating, there are 3. There is 3 commentators only when he is on.

2 Likes

Play may be extended beyond 6:30pm tonight, if Aussies can get their run rate higher and seal a victory tonight. Umpire still deciding.

What impact this’ll have on Nine’s prime-time, will depend on whether people wanted Sunday news at 6pm or not.

Edit:
Not going to happen, 3 overs remaining needing over 60 runs (wasn’t extended to 8 as Mark Taylor predicted), back for final day tomorrow, probably wrapped-up by lunch.

1 Like

Bad start to the last day with KP on first laughing at his own jokes, and now Warne in the next stint is talking about pies and sausage rolls. The game is almost over, so little relief to look forward to.

Warne whingeing about only getting one food voucher! I think he could afford his own pies and not rely on a voucher.

Ellen currently airing in Melbourne & Sydney.

Thanks to Cynic, special Morning News for Brisbane (via Sydney).

Not sure about Adelaide, news too? Perth?

EPG yet to be corrected (which Nine are usually good at straight away), still advising Cricket Show, etc.

1 Like

Is it me, or is Nine more intent on delaying the news until stumps this year? Maybe it’s because it’s the Ashes, but it’s happened three times this year.

1 Like

Good news for Nine that Australia are batting first. Should provide some bumper figures for Nine.

2 Likes

Nine now showing a montage of the 2013/14 Ashes during the rain delay.

Now playing the 2nd test of the 2006/07 Ashes.

3 Likes

The bad news is the rain… :anguished: :cloud_with_rain:

:notes: “I can’t stand the rain, against my window, bringing back sweet memories…” :notes:

Sorry

1 Like

If play resumes there will be two 2.5 hour sessions, with play able to continue until 10.30pm Adelaide time (11pm AEDT), well past the finish time of Rugby League World Cup final.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure play went up until around 11 - 11:30PM AEDT last year in the Day/Night Gabba test on one of the days.

Not really bad news for nine. Delay means more primetime coverage.

3 Likes

Stumps at 10:35pm AEST.

Wrapping up now.

I reckon my EPG has changed about 10 times throughout the course of tonight, why are Nine doing that? Just wait until “Robocop” (2014) actually starts. So confusing :expressionless:

Edit
Telecast finished at 10:55pm, coincidently enough, so too did Seven’s live RLWC coverage (women’s encore now airing).

Blatant attempts to out-do each other for share I’d say.

4 Likes

Today’s Ashes test was interrupted at around 8.50pm AEDT due to rain. Play was eventually abandoned at 9.27pm AEDT. It means day 3 will start one hour early at 1.30pm AEDT to make up lost time. Nine’s telecast begins at 1pm AEDT.

1 Like

Forged in Fire will be shown on Nine next week from Thursday to Saturday, after the third Ashes test coverage from Perth.