Nine Cricket Coverage

WWOS have just posted the new intro on to their Twitter.

2 Likes

Michael Vaughan stepped in the commentary box to do Nine’s coverage as a short stint

1 Like

Funny that, Michael Vaughan was just on screen forgetting to use the microphone.

4 Likes

He’s an official commentator though

Michael Vaughan has been part of Nine’s commentary team for the Ashes since nov 2013. But why doesn’t he have a tie on instead of having sunglasses holding in his shirt?

Who cares?

5 Likes

To be fair he does most of his work for BBC Test Match Special, who use headset mics. I think it’s only really some TV broadcasters (Nine, Sky) who still use the old lip mics for cricket.

I think he’s also working for BT which is why we’ve seen less of him on Nine so far.

2 Likes

Cricket coverage extended for the second night in a row for Sydney and Melbourne, pushing back the night’s line-up for at least 30 minutes.

4 Likes

So was @Radiohead correct, 6:30pm? Or did news just start now?

I’m not near a TV atm

On the Nine Network schedule thread, today’s coverage finished at 5.34pm AEST (6.34pm AEDT), followed by the news.

2 Likes

I think it started about 6:35pm.

2 Likes

In situations like that, the news should be shortened to 30mins so that Nine are only say five minutes behind schedule instead of 30+ minutes

1 Like

9Now are streaming the Forged In Fire doco series ahead of its Channel 9 airing in December.

2 Likes

For the third day in a row Nine’s coverage is going overtime.

2 Likes

Slow over rate to blame? They’ve made up all the time from the other days.

If I was Nine, I’d consider asking for a change in playing times next summer. Start play for the day at 9:45am Brisbane or 10:45 Sydney time. It’d still be thrown out of kilter if there is a rain delay, but might help the news start closer to time.

1 Like

I know that Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania are going overtime when play continued during the day. With QLDers having Election, what will happen? Will there be a shortened Nine News in Brisbane?

Coverage finished at 6.30pm AEDT. Due to slow over rate.

A montage of Ashes cricket openers over the years.

Which one is your favourite? For me it’s 2010-11.

3 Likes

For me, its still 1980s.

1 Like

This one should get an honorable mention:

3 Likes