Nine Cricket Coverage

Love the graphics.

3 Likes

Nine using a 3 commentator stint for the moment…

3 Likes

4 Likes

After the brilliant Opener used by Nine for the last Summer of Cricket, the “green and blue flames” look for The Ashes is comparatively tacky IMO!

2 Likes

Ordinary coverage as ususl, I try to block the commentators out a lot of the time during Ashes and switch to Dr Phil during cringing promos / ads / delays.

Solid easy going hour by poms, we’ve switched to spinner I heard, worrying a tad. Wicket must be dead already, though someone said looked getting fast.

How I love :heart: and loathe my cricket :expressionless:

1 Like

Those pitchscan graphics appear to use the BT Sport font (despite the WWOS watermark). Looks like the Brits are sharing resources.

As an aside, BT’s pretty solid commentary team.

5 Likes

Try listening to the radio coverage like I do.

2 Likes

Blue polos -100% better than those daggy suits that were dusted off for the commentary.

3 Likes

While there’s heavy rain in Brisbane, Mark Nicholas is inside with Mark Taylor and Michael Clarke discussing about the rain and the moisture on the ground.

2 Likes

I think the ashes logo on the microphones are pretty unnecessary

2 Likes

Just turned the volume on for the classic catches for a minute. Wow the commentators are so dry. I wish they would look at having a commentator that isn’t necessarily an ex cricket player. It might help bring some flow to the team.

1 Like

Strangely localised storm over the Gabba at the moment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Gerard Whateley, Jim Maxwell & Co. always a favourite on ABC Grandstand, been listening to them today (as it’s a working day).

Nine wouldn’t be too upset with the rain. It can be made up tonight. Most likely going into primetime.

1 Like

That storm cell wants people to flick over to watch the golf on Seven instead?

Sorry, couldn’t resist! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

God must live in Perth :wink:

4 Likes

What, because the sun’s out here and it’s a nice pleasant day?

SCA9 (Ballarat) sponsor board for cricket.

Different V/O, but otherwise is it any different to metro?

Why is that the first thing that came into your mind, regarding the rain delay?

How about the crowd (which the 'Gabba of all places is lucky to get), who pay a full price and sometimes may only be lucky to see 20 overs!

Yes, it’s probably Nine’s pet hate though.

1 Like

Ummm you do realise they will still be able to see the game if it goes for an extra hour tonight which is likely to occur.

Considering there has already been nearly 40 overs I don’t see your point regarding lucky enough to see 20 overs. But ok.

It wasn’t the first thing that came to mind heard it from the coverage that I am listening to that it will go for an extra hour to make up for the rain delay… Obviously nine will be happy for increased primetime shares.

1 Like

Stumps as soon as players can’t see the ball.

What’s that in QLD this time of year, 7pm-ish?

Although heard min of 80 overs today, doubt they’ll get it before light’s out.