Nine Cricket Coverage

1 Like

Fake news.

1 Like

I agree with that (no different to coaching or other areas of sport - great players don’t always make great coaches or administrators) and that is a more valid criticism of their commentary team than the ‘diversity’ angle some seem to seek out.

3 Likes

You answered it when you said even if the quality of some of their commentary is questionable! Couldn’t care less who they are or what their playing achievements are, it doesn’t matter when they are in the commentary box.

Cricket doesn’t need non-players as commentators. Otherwise you get Andy Maher.

Keep the “play-by-play” commentators like Andy Maher, Jim Maxwell and Harsha Bhogle to radio.

4 Likes

I think the graphics can get even better, by not having all capital letters on the captions.

I’ve never understood why TV cricket, and only cricket is the domain of ex-players only. Sure, the slower pace lends itself to not needing a play-by-play caller on TV but there’s no need for the whole commentary box to only be experts.

The ODI graphics are much nicer than the test graphics, I wish they’d just use them for everything. The white that’s used on the ODI gfx are more appropriate for tests if anything!

BT Sport in Britain will be taking pictures from Nine for the Ashes series, but will also provide four of its own cameras at each ground. Obviously BT will have its own calling team. BT’s coverage will be produced by Sunset+Vine.
Here is a comprehensive guide on BT’s coverage.
I will be in London during the Boxing Day test at the MCG and the fifth test at the SCG. If my accommodation receives BT Sport, I will be able to take screencaps with my smartphone and post them here for a comparison.

3 Likes

As mentioned in Inside Cricket thread, Forged in Fire, the three-part documentary on the last 50 years of Ashes rivalry, will be shown on Nine during the third Ashes test in Perth (December 14-18).

3 Likes

WIll this documentary be Exclusively shown into WA during thr 3rd Ashes rest?

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t expect them to wheel out the 2007 titles.

5 Likes

Yeap, a modification of the 2006-07 titles being used this summer.

1 Like

They probably would have had the HD Masters lying around somewhere. I think the 2006-07 ashes were broadcast in HD.

1 Like

No HD until 2008-09

6 Likes

No, Forged in Fire will be shown nationwide.

1 Like

(Someone didn’t get the memo about shoe colour! Make sure you stand on the X.)

5 Likes

3 Likes