Nine Cricket Coverage

Cricket Australia will have to seek a firm guarantee from Ten about its financial situation before granting any broadcast rights. At the moment Nine is the only company which is keenly interested and can afford to pay for the new broadcast deal.

5 Likes

Jane and Neil also discussed on 3AW, about Seven not being interested, with their array of sports rights and clashes with the tennis.

###2017 ICC WOMEN’S CRICKET WORLD CUP

9Now will show all the Aussie action in the eleventh ICC WOMEN’S CRICKET WORLD CUP beginning Monday, June 26, from 7.30pm AEST.

Streaming LIVE from the United Kingdom, cricket fans will be able to watch Australia’s best, including international batting sensation and captain Meg Lanning, superstar all-rounder Ellyse Perry and powerhouse players like Alex Blackwell, Alyssa Healy and Jess Jonassen as they take on the world’s best cricketing nations: West Indies, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, India and England.

Nine’s Head of Cricket, Brent Williams, said: “The Australian women’s cricket team is undoubtedly one of the very best in the world, and Wide World of Sports will show every single ball of our tilt at defending a World Cup title.”

Nine’s Head of Sport Digital, Patrick Effeney, said: “We’re very excited to offer cricket fans the opportunity to stream each of Australia’s games, live and free, during the Women’s World Cup on 9Now, as well as providing highlights online at Wide World of Sports.

“9Now and Wide World of Sports are both emerging as new platforms for fans of the sport to consume the game however and whenever they please.”

Get social with Wide World of Sports on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest scores and international commentary.

3 Likes

Where did you get that from?
None of Nine’s channels (Sydney) that I’m getting have the Women’s World Cup cricket on right now.

9Now, as Wide World of Sports is only streaming it

3 Likes

Australia finished second at the end of group stage for Women’s Cricket World Cup, and will play India in the second semi final in Derby this Thursday (July 20). The match will be shown live on 9GO! and streamed on 9Now from 7.30pm AEST.
(9Gem has live NRL in AFL states)

4 Likes

Nine will not televise this year’s Matador BBQ Cup one-day tournament, Mitch Cleary revealed on Sportsday this evening, adding every match of the tournament will now be streamed on CA website. If I am correct, it will be the first time since the 1970s that the domestic one-day series will not be broadcast on TV. Demonstrates the low popularity of the format.
Nine will instead show the Women’s Ashes series, which comprises of three ODIs, one day/night test, and three Twenty20 matches. The series starts on October 22 and ends on November 21.

7 Likes

Surprised they didn’t just put it on 9Now.

I am surprised that FOX didn’t pick up at least some games.

It will be interesting to see what the quality of the online broadcasts will be like.

Genuinely devastated to hear this. I have thoroughly enjoyed Nine’s coverage over the past couple of years of watching the tournament, and am really disappointed they’ve dropped coverage. I hope that Fox Sports may pick up some matches for broadcast at least.

3 Likes

More women’s sport that Foxtel isn’t broadcasting with their $30mil

2 Likes

Michael Slater narrated the Ashes that will come to Exclusively on Nine. He said that the WACA will play its final Ashes match. It should be its final test match.
But I’m not sure whether the New Perth Stadium will be ready for the 5th ODI (28 Jan 2018).

1 Like

Isn’t the new stadium being used for tests against the ‘big’ nations like England and India only?

1 Like

Perth Stadium is used for matches featuring big Test matches such as England and India. WACA will be used for some Test matches.

1 Like

The match was delayed by more than 2 hours due to the rain delay. The update with hosts Mark Taylor and Ian Healy started at 9:30PM (EST) The rain has cleared in Derby, however the match will be delayed by another 60 mins. Mark Taylor told viewers that 9Go will resume normal programming.

1 Like

Some graphics from 9Go

3 Likes

So, that’s that. Harmanpreet Kaur has single-handedly smashed Australia out of the World Cup with 171 not out off 115 balls, including seven sixes and 20 fours. She scored 99 off the last 10 overs, and went from 100 to 150 off only 17 balls. Rain shortened the match to 42 overs each, but India still got to 4-281, just too many for Australia to chase down.

1 Like

Long night for Tubby and Heals at the WWOS studio!

2 Likes

Yes, it would have been a long night for them. Games have been finishing before 3 am, but with the rain delay last night’s ended just before 5 am.

1 Like