Nine Cricket Coverage

Maybe if they could remove the ‘LIVE AND FREE’ Watermark it would be great. That would give a clear explanation of the game being shown on replay!

My guess is that the “Live and Free” watermark is something added on in the OB truck (along with the WWOS logo watermark) which might be permanently recorded onto the archived copies of current/recent cricket games.

Considering how often the games are replayed in more than just brief highlight form (usually only whenever there’s a rain delay), Nine probably aren’t really bothered about doing a coverup or anything to the “Live and Free” watermark text. Besides, you always see the Seven, Nine and Ten “Live and Free” Sports watermarks on replayed highlights shown during news bulletins!

Isn’t there a watermark free feed for overseas networks?

Yes but it appears Nine affiliates or online don’t get access or are prohibited from using that feed.

Southern Stars wicketkeeper Alyssa Healy commentating with her uncle Ian Healy during Sri Lanka’s run chase in tonight’s Twenty/20 match at Adelaide Oval. Great to see her in the commentary box even after her team was thrashed by New Zealand in this afternoon’s match to lose the series 2-1.

The problem about T20s was why do all males don’t wear their ties? Really strange there.

I think that would be to reflect the more causal nature of T20 cricket.

Last night, 19326 people came to the Adelaide Oval to the final match of the summer. Most of all I think it’s due to students at school.

Also due to the fact that most people at the ground realised we were watching the Australian B side running around the oval! With the Australian team in India. Cricket Australia should just realise that domestic t/20 is awesome, internationally it’s a joke. Nine would be shocked at these ratings, however leaves them with bargin power in the next rights deal. :thinking:

Slightly off topic. Pup and Warnie in commentary in India now. Haven’t heard anything. Just saw it on a TV at the pub with the sound muted. Any differences, since over there they’re working for different masters

Question are you guys listening to the BCCi stooges on Foxtel, or to the coverage on ABC radio digtal?

I like Warnie, not all that keen on Clarke (as commentators) but they have both been very good, much better.
Last test in India, Allan Border commentated and I assumed he would this series considering the trophy is named after him as well. Maybe he might head over later on.

I doubt Geelong will get a team in the next 10 years. I think there is only room for two more teams and those will probably go to Perth, Adelaide or Gold Coast. At the present time the competition is too tight and there is not enough talent. If they had to spread the talent across more teams then the games would suffer.

2 Likes

Any differences?

For one, I bet no endless plugs for “The Block” and the like!

1 Like

Or married at first sight with Clarke mistakingly calling it Runaway Brides!

1 Like

Listening on ABC Radio. Downloaded the app for my phone

To be honest I would have loved for one of the commentators to have gone into business for themselves and buried the show.

Melodramatic or realistic?

If Packer listen to people like those from UBS he would have never got the cricket rights nor started wsc.

Sounds again like nine going through a process of talking down cricket to therefore bring the overall price of the rights down.

3 Likes

Which might be what gives TEN a chance to pick up it all up, ODIs, Tests as well as BBL.