Nine Cricket Coverage

Wow wasn’t expecting Bill Lawry in the commentary box tonight

1 Like

Bill Lawry back in commentary box for the Twenty/20 match in Geelong. He did not call Friday night’s match at the MCG.

2 Likes

He hasn’t called a T20I since 2013.

1 Like

Well he’s working a much lighter schedual there days. Recently turned 80.

1 Like

He drove down to simonds Stadium to call the match. Took 1 hour to get there.

Sounds like Bill is filling in for Michael Clarke today.

Bloody good fill in - great to hear him!

I seen Michael Clarke in the background of the com box? Haven’t heard him commentate but.

That was one of the most incredible run chases I have ever seen.

1 Like

Lots of people on social media (including me) are praising Bill Lawry tonight. He was hilarious and probably had a few to many! Haven’t enjoyed the channel 9 commentary for a while!

5 Likes

18 balls left and I think it was 48 runs. Wow!! Cracking game, just annoying to be on the losing side of it. Nine/cricket Australia might be happy while at the same time annoyed cause it’s now a dead rubber in Adelaide and ticket sales aren’t that great to begin with… :grimacing: Thinking…15k if they are lucky.

1 Like

He was in fine form tonight.

They’ve gone back to 3 in the box i’ve noticed. Good move imo.

1 Like

The match was on replay so why did 9 use Live & Free watermark? That Was strange

I would assume they just didn’t update their graphics. Its not like the replay was planned.

Was it not live? I thought the game was live on 9.

They showed two overs from Friday night during the rain delay in the women’s.

I tuned out in the final over thinking Aus would win.

It wasnt just last night - he’s been great for all the games he’s be involved in this year.

His performance during the Boxing Day test was Lawry of old

1 Like

Was the Geelong game a success?

The city is trying to get cricket games, as well as strong bids for both a BBL team & A-League team.

I hope we continue to see cricket played there, the crowd looked good & there was still an audience on TV (even though it was disappointing).

Simonds Stadium (AKA the great Kardinia Park) looked great under lights :grinning:

Thoughts?

Was great despite cold conditions. I wondered Why did Mark Nicholas wore another kind of vest to cover his shirt?

There you go.

5 Likes