Nine Cricket Coverage

I agree.

I don’t blame him for that.

I blame Tom Malone who probably had the ultimate say?

I imagine Malone probably let Nicholas decide whether he was fit to go on air. You can blame Malone for perhaps not ‘forcing’ Nicholas to rest, but not sure Malone would have demanded Nicholas come on air.

3 Likes

Although to be fair, perhaps I shouldn’t have assumed Malone had the final call, Grant Williams is technically their EP.

In the same way (for example) Seven’s head of sport Saul Shtein wouldn’t attend every AFL broadcast (Gary O’Keeffe - EP, Glenn Postill, Matthew Gray are put in charge), etc.

It’s just I saw Malone’s name being thrown around on the online articles.

I really like Nicholas, hope he recovers well for the T20 Internationals, T20 Trans-Tasman, etc :+1:

2 Likes

I doubt it was anybody forcing him to come back on air, it sounds like it was a case of not being able to find what was wrong after it first happened, having a day resting and fine again but then a re-occurrence during the day and then more tests where hopefully they have found something. It happens regularly that people return to work because they feel fine from various things but end up heading home sick again. I do hope he’s ok and back on deck again when ready.

5 Likes

He would have had medical advice. Blaming someone is a bit rough.

3 Likes

If the manangement of nine sport were based in Melbourne I’m sure Mark would’ve been ok.

4 Likes

Pink day

6 Likes

Wow!

Now replaying the 2015 Cricket World Cup Final due to the rain delay.

1 Like

Old watermark. Don’t have a clean version.

3 Likes

They’ve taken the HD away now.

Triangles everywhere plus those heads on screen most of the time - that was a graphics package to forget! Horrible.

3 Likes

At least the 9WWOS logo being in the recording means they today haven’t plastered on-screen the ‘Live and Free’ lie like yesterday morning!

Now replaying a 1989 SCG test against the Windies (Mark Taylor’s debut). And the ‘Live and Free’ is still there!

1 Like

Doesn’t look live to me!

2 Likes

It’s as if Nine don’t have ready a version of their 9WWOS logo without the ‘Live and Free’ nonsense, but yeah Nine really need to stop claiming everything is Live on things that aren’t.
(What happened to their non-coloured outline one without the live claim?)

Has anyone ever seen this intro before?

1 Like

###VB One-Day International Series against Pakistan

1 Like

Doesn’t look like Mark is there again today. He might be heading back to the uk early this year.

im sure hes taking leave he didnt say when hes going to return im sure he was told not to return until hes 100%

Nine has just announced this year’s Allan Border Medal will be held on Monday, January 23. It will be shown live on 9Gem from 7.30pm AEDT. If I remember correctly the event was broadcast live on Fox Sports in 2015 and 2016 and on delay on 9Gem.

2 Likes