Nine Cricket Coverage

No post-match coverage today.

Ideally they would justify the channel’s existence and put post match coverage on Extra, given they can’t be certain they can use 9Gem.

Because Australia aren’t doing well… Typical Australian commentators don’t care about the side unless they are doing well.

3 Likes

What about 9Go or 9Life?

Well the same would apply - the cricket can overrun, which means they can’t schedule programming with a known gap, like they can with Nine News. On Extra where it’s just ads, there’s no real reason not to break into the “programming” at any time.

Just like when rain stops play I dare say they have some Friends repeats or something like that on standby. Or Cheers repeats. Like they did on a rather infamous night back in 1992

I know its slightly OT, but why was it so infamous in 1992?

Australia’s Naughtiest Home Videos. aka The “GET THAT SHIT OFF THE AIR!!” moment

5 Likes

Get them on standby for the next test lads, rain forecast in Hobart on the first 3 days (and not so good for me because I’m supposed to be running on Sunday…)

[quote=“stmookeyj027, post:189, topic:1894, full:true”]Get them on standby for the next test lads, rain forecast in Hobart on the first 3 days (and not so good for me because I’m supposed to be running on Sunday…)[/quote]I wouldn’t worry too much. Rain has been forecast for the past couple of weeks and very little has arrived. But now that I’ve said that… :laughing:

Would probably be best case scenario for Australia if it were a washout. Would save them from more embarrassment. :yum:

this would not work for viewers through Foxtel though who don’t get Extra on their systems that have the Freeview channels via aerial. Same for some situations where 9Go and 9GEM aren’t available.

New mics for the cricket today.

2 Likes

Tuned in to Ch 9 and Australia are nearly all out :fearful:

Poor Aussies, this series is DEPLORABLE!

This’ll be disappointing for day/night at Adelaide Oval

1 Like

Bit harsh, give South Africa some credit.

6 Likes

They certainly aren’t playing that well but South Africa are playing incredibly well.

Yes, South Africa are playing very good :+1:

Yes, South Africa are making it seem like they’re batting on a different pitch. Odd that they are playing the “home” conditions so much better than the home team.

Every break on Nine Melbourne begins with a flash of a promo for The Block before crashing into a commercial. Not sure if deliberate or a playout cockup?

Edit: Definitely a cockup - all good from the last break. Tinfoil hat removed.

This two person commentary always seems to be a combination of Slater/Taylor/Nicholas/Healy with Warne/Pietersen/Chappell/Clarke. Never used to be like this from memory. Any combination was used.

I want to see Warne and Pietersen together.

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:193, topic:1894, full:true”]Poor Aussies, this series is DEPLORABLE![/quote]Australia are definitely in a hole at the moment, but give some credit to SA. They have been really, really good.

A huge shake-up has to occur now after this latest debacle otherwise they’ll go winless this series (perhaps even the entire summer).