Nine Cricket Coverage

Looks like it’s going to be a washout today due to the weather. Forecast calls for rain for the next couple of days which is probably the only hope for the Aussies to salvage a draw!

Australia are that hopeless these days, they need the weather to save them!

1 Like

Now showing Aus v SA Test from 1994.

So here’s a question. Was Ian Healy in commentry yesterday? I ask cause unless he has a doppleganger in Hobart I swore I spotted him at Hobart Airport yesterday

Yeah the one where Warnie took 13 wickets but Aussies lost narrowly

Nine commentary from back then was really really good.

Yeah Geoff Lawson and Greg Chappell commentating (who I think are now both are at Macquarie)

Bring them back.

1 Like

And Simon O’Donnell

Also on a technical matter. Cause I’ve watched a few classic matches on You Tube. Have you noticed that the sound of bat on ball and ball on stumps sounds a lot different to what it does these days?

‘Live and Free’ still showing for some reason…

1999 world cup australia v south africa now being shown.

Looks like they only dump the watermark when it’s up against another watermark

3 Likes

Play has been abandoned for the day due to persistent rain in Hobart. What will Nine show for the rest of this afternoon?
Play will start at 10am AEDT for the three remaining days to make up for lost time.

9 Melbourne is now showing The Block (2:47PM)

Nine Sydney is currently on Breaking News coverage of the Londonderry bushfires.

Came across this high-res version of the WWOS ident and Cricket intro of 2004.

1 Like

Did that remix make it to air? I don’t recall it.

Love that intro theme. Hopefully they bring it back one day.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think that version of the theme music ever went to air (I suspect because of it’s very synthesised sound) although the graphics definitely did.

I like that old WWOS Cricket intro, although the current version is pretty good too IMO.

2 Likes

The last few seconds sounds slightly familiar though, might have been used on-air (going to ad breaks?) but not often.

1 Like

I was there live and watched the coverage back and I never saw him once. So unless he was in hiding… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Weather has cleared so there should be a full days play tomorrow (Tuesday and Wednesday as well). But I reckon a draw is looking likely now unless Australia can quickly bowl SA out first up and not collapse terribly again (the latter I wouldn’t be surprised with).

It may have aired in the first test against Zimbabwe (the Hayden 380 game) then quickly got dumped. Certainly went back to the old musical arrangement by the time the Indian series had started.

3 Likes

With the poor ratings (due to Australia’s abysmal performance), I wonder what this means for the new broadcast deal negotiations?

More importantly, CA’s price for the BBL broadcast rights!