Nine Cricket Coverage

I’m obviously in a minority cause I love these new graphics.I think they look very sharp

11 Likes

I agree. The current branding for Nine’s Wide World Of Sports dates back to 2013, so that’s probably overdue for a refresh.

Not really sure if I like those ODI cricket graphics though!

1 Like

I don’t mind them at all either.

They are certainly more distinctive than the previous ones, which were a bit on the bland side.

I am with you there! I think they look fine.

2 Likes

…but that being said, I think the graphics look fine.

14 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine Sports Broadcasting

To me it looks like the coverage is being produced for multiple broadcasters - maybe the UK broadcaster is taking this feed too and therefore the graphics are not 9 specific?

1 Like

That could be the case- BT Sport (the UK broadcaster) are indeed taking the Channel 9 feed.

Mark Nicholas has been commentating more often today to give it more of an English feel I’m sure

They have some elements quite similar to the new SuperSport package as well - though I think the SuperSport ones look better.

2 Likes

So BT didn’t stick around for the limited overs series? That’s cheap.

Sunset and Vine, the company who produced BTs test coverage also happen to be the ICC host broadcaster…

1 Like

Same as what nine did last time in the UK.

3 Likes

Scoreboard graphics have been slightly refined and improved. Before on top and now on the bottom.

6 Likes

Looks a lot better now

Edit: Transitions have also changed as well

2 Likes

Unlucky for Gillette.

2 Likes

Getting dropped like that, really, it’s the worst a sponsor can get.

13 Likes

Watched a bit of the replay from last night on OPTUS Sport 2 and noticed that the graphics for KFC trivia weren’t appearing. Not earth shattering but thought I’d share.

1 Like

Gillette paid millions to sponsor both ODI and Twenty20 series so it would expect to be featured on the field and on TV coverage. Was it consulted on the graphics change?

EDIT: the sponsor’s name reappeared in the graphics during the 3rd over of England’s innings in today’s third one-day game.

OPTUS Sport would most likely be taking the ‘world’ feed, which is devoid of all local graphics / sound etc. (No TEN promos between overs go out to the ‘world’ in the BBL for instance.

3 Likes