Nine Cricket Coverage

That ad is a bit misleading, in that tomorrow’s game is on 9GEM, not 9HD.

Which is a shame because it’s not like anything important is airing on the main channel anyway.

4 Likes

Does anyone have caps of the Women’s ODI game?

4 Likes

Forged in Fire: Cricket’s Greatest Rivalry

The 2017-18 Summer of Cricket is set to get even hotter with the announcement that Cricket Australia has joined forces with successful sports filmmaker Peter Dickson to produce the three-part Ashes film series; ‘Forged in Fire’.
To be broadcast nationally on Nine during the 2017-18 Magellan Ashes Series, ‘Forged in Fire’ will bring together the key protagonists from the last 50 years of sport’s greatest rivalry, chronicling the key battles and back-stories of Australia and England contests, as well as what drives both nations’ quest to capture cricket’s most prized possession; the Ashes urn.
The film was produced and directed by award-winning documentary filmmaker Peter Dickson. Peter has an outstanding reputation for sports filmmaking in this country, with his most recent AFL documentary The Final Draw receiving several awards.
“After many years of documentary filmmaking, I am thrilled to have the chance to be involved in telling the story of one of the most iconic rivalries in sport – the Ashes.
Having played the game for over 30 years (the last ball I faced was a throat-high bouncer from Damien Fleming), I have had a lifelong love affair with the game and I am determined to make a film that will not only appeal to cricket lovers but lovers of sport in general.”
Cricket Australia’s Executive General Manager, Broadcasting, Digital Media & Commercial, Ben Amarfio said the documentary series will give cricket fans an insight into past Ashes series from the players who took part and will add a greater sense of occasion to the 2017-18 Magellan Ashes Series.
“The Ashes is an amazing sporting rivalry thanks to the incredible history that the series has and the colourful characters and stories that have been a part of the contests between Australia and England over the decades. Some of the stories and quotes from former players in this film are genuinely provocative. The brashness of some of their on-field feats are matched by the brutal honesty and boldness of some of their statements.
“We are excited to be working with Peter on this film as it takes viewers behind the scenes of some of the most famous moments in Ashes history and into the minds of some of the biggest names in the game, all of which we feel will add another layer of excitement to the 2017-18 Ashes Series, the latest chapter in this great sporting rivalry.
Nine Network’s Head of Cricket, Brent Williams, said the series celebrates the big moments in Ashes history and will add to the excitement of the summer of cricket.
“The Ashes is so much more than just a sporting event, it is arguably the greatest of all rivalries. This amazing series chronicles the moments and memories that have made this fierce cricketing contest so special over so many years. We are proud to have “Forged in Fire” as part of what promises to be our biggest summer of cricket ever.”
Further details of the documentary series will be made available in the lead up to 2017-18 Magellan Ashes Series.

Forged in Fire: Cricket’s Greatest Rivalry will screen on the Nine Network in Australia during the upcoming Ashes series. It will also screen in selected worldwide territories, including: on SportsMax in the Caribbean, SuperSport in South Africa, Kwesé Sports in Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa), Willow in the United States, and Sony Pictures Networks in India and the subcontinent. It will also be screened on Qantas flights.

2 Likes

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/swoop/channel-nine-to-show-womens-ashes-on-main-channel/news-story/c409d5a8cafc61646ceec5781c2ff56a

Great to see Nine moving coverage of this Sunday’s women’s ODI from Go to the main Nine channel, as well as a T20 on 19 November.

3 Likes

Which also means HD coverage!! :clap:

2 Likes

Revised times:

Sydney, Melbourne
07:00 AM Weekend Today
10:00 AM WOMENS ONE DAY SERIES - AUSTRALIA V ENGLAND
01:30 PM Sports Sunday
05:30 PM RBT

Brisbane
One hour earlier with
04:30 PM Customs
05:00 PM Nine News First at Five

Adelaide
30 minutes earlier with
05:30 PM South Aussie with Cosi

Perth
3 hours earlier with
02:30 Explore Moments
02:40 Customs
03:10 PM The Block
04:30 PM New Homes Guide

1 Like

So it will be on 9 & 9HD as well as 9GO!

That’s what my EPG in Hobart says currently. Silly programming if that’s the case.

I believe it wasn’t meant to be scheduled on Gem, as they have the Fast5 netball on Sunday.

Was always 9Go here due to the netball. Adding it to 9/9HD but not taking away the 9Go coverage is silly.

As expected the EPG and online guides have changed, the women’s cricket is not on 9Go! on Sunday, only on Nine and 9HD.

2 Likes

In Hobart, according to my EPG, the cricket is still on 9/9HD and 9Go. So clearly hasn’t changed nationwide yet…

Transition:

5 Likes

Lets see just how much Nine care about the women’s Ashes series. Will they run coverage past 5:30pm in NSW/VIC or shaft it over to multichannel? (or even end coverage like the bad old days of Domestic/ING Cup).

1 Like

They did just that, NSW & VIC over to 9GO at 5.30pm. They could have at least gone through until 6pm and not shown the RBT repeat.

7 Likes

Exactly. Who give a shit about an RBT repeat

3 Likes

Late 90s I think

Yeah the Adelaide test of the last Ashes series here in AUstralia but it was shitcanned after just one test