Nine Cricket Coverage

New five second Ashes promo aired on 9GO! during the soccer tonight, incorporating logo of the new sponsor (Magellan Financial Group) for the first time.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Nine is now stating the Women’s Ashes will be on free-to-air.

https://twitter.com/Channel9/status/918001744906420224

4 Likes

That’s great news!

I wonder if they mean the main channel, or if at least some of it will be on 9GO or 9GEM?

2 Likes

I’d presume Gem. I can’t imagine Nine wantimg 5 days of daytime being taken up by women’s cricket. Happy to be proven wrong though.

5 Likes

Do you know who will be commentating? Because as far as I know, that Mark Nicholas will step in to do his hosting duties on the 23 November in Brisbane.

More here

1 Like

According to Cricket Australia website, the three women’s Ashes ODIs will be shown live on 9Gem, starting with the first match in Brisbane this Sunday.

5 Likes

Matlock nails it again

3 Likes

**FKN nails it

1 Like

This has been known about for a couple of months at least. 9 said when they announced they weren’t airing the JLT Cup (before JLT had come on board) and would be airing the ODI and T20I components of the Women’s Ashes on 9Gem.

Can’t believe I have to wait over 2 months for the famous Ashes Boxing Day Test with over 90,000 at the 'G :tired_face:

1 Like

This seems less ‘Nine Cricket Coverage’ and more ‘LukeMovieMan announces his plans for Boxing Day’ :thinking:

8 Likes

Okay point taken, just got me thinking about cricket season.

Channel Nine begin their coverage of the Women’s Ashes from 10am this Sunday in the first one-day match.

4 Likes

Are they showing the Test as well? Or is it only going to be shown online??

Also with the T20 Tri Series will all matches be shown by Nine or just the ones on Australian shores?

Last I heard they weren’t covering the Women’s Test.
No idea about the T20 tri series.

Here’s the answer

2 Likes

That ad is a bit misleading, in that tomorrow’s game is on 9GEM, not 9HD.

Which is a shame because it’s not like anything important is airing on the main channel anyway.

4 Likes