Nine Cricket Coverage

Strange that Adelaide got some great cricket matches this year. Day/night test, Australia Day and now a T20 game. Quite a lucky schedule in Adelaide.

The biggest problem with the WACA is only holds 20,000 fans
Once the New Perth Stadium opens up at the end of the year 60,000 fans will be able to watch

3 Likes

MCG Boundaries look like they’ll be in big time (and capacity slightly reduced) because they’ve already constructed the stage for Guns n Roses who are playing on Valentine’s Day.

Cricket’s on the 17th though, look’s like it’ll be one of the pitches in the middle of the square. I imagine the stage infrastructure will be gone by then, but be interesting to see how the outfield stands up being covered.

I think it’s really weird why they have a T20 game played in Geelong given that the stadium is bigger than The WACA
@WATV - WACA had a T20I game in oct 2010 against Sri Lanka

I like the idea of giving the game to Geelong to be honest. Giving the game more exposure to regional areas with a decent amount of people is a good thing for cricket in Australia. I’m sure it will be a sell out or close to it. Plus it will be a nice boost to the economy of Geelong.

2 Likes

###T20 SERIES

The Nine Network will broadcast all the action of the KFC T20 International Series from Friday 17 February at 2pm AEDT when the Australian men’s team take on Sri Lanka and the Australian women’s team, the Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars, play New Zealand.

Hosted by Mark Nicholas, the Wide World of Sports commentary team will be led by Mark Taylor and include Michael Slater, Ian Healy and Michael Clarke. Also joining the team will be former Sri Lankan cricketer, Russel Arnold, and former Southern Star all-rounder, Lisa Sthalekar.

Cricket fans can also watch every ball of Nine’s coverage on their phone, tablet or PC with the Cricket Australia LIVE Pass streaming subscription. The website www.cricket.com.au will carry full highlights of every day’s play so fans don’t miss a moment of the action.

Broadcast Schedule

1 Like

Mark Nicholas has Recovered from Illness in time for the 20/20 Matches.

3 Likes

I am in Melbourne during the T20 games. Might go to a game or two.

Good on Nine for showing the Women’s game on the main channel as well.

1 Like

Assuming they’re going live with the women’s match on Sunday, it’s interesting that there’s less of a turnaround between matches compared to the main venues. Sure not having ACA helps a little but intrigued by the earlier start in Geelong given they’re usually straight into the action within 5 minutes of coverage starting for 20 over internationals.

I wonder why NIne even bothers to have the news at 6pm during the tests at the Gabba and Adelaide e Oval? Seems to me they’d junk the news for those tests…

The 2pm start for the women’s matches mean they will directly lead into Hot Seat in Sydney and Melbourne, assuming there are no rain delay or late finish. The men’s clash at Geelong is scheduled to start at 7pm AEDT to capitalise on the Nine News lead-in.

Perth viewers will miss out on both Hot Seat & ACA. Let’s see the ratings closely to the 1st & 3rd T20s.

New Perth Stadium will host a T20I

Is there any rain forecast for any of this weekends games in Victoria? I am just looking at purchasing tickets.

According to Bureau of Meteorology:
Melbourne (Friday): Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the evening.
Geelong (Sunday): Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely during the morning.
I reckon the men’s game at the MCG may be affected by rain but the Geelong clash should be OK.

2 Likes

Friday night should be fine at the MCG. I have tickets for Sunday at Kardinia Park, as I’ll be down that way for the weekend anyway and am hoping it should still be okay too.

There is some rain forecast, but not a whole lot from what I can see.

Sounds good just purchased my tickets. Looking forward to it.

1. Why aren’t there any games at SCG (for instance), not a great look for CA

2. MCG & Simonds Stadium (Geelong) are hosting 4 games in total of the 6!?

Seems odd.

NB/
But I do love how they’ll be playing in Geelong, so good for the region (with Ford & Target HQ shutting down) & I’m thinking about going :slight_smile:

FULL PR: http://www.nineentertainmentco.com.au/2017/02/14/09/22/t20-series