Nine Cricket Coverage

The 2pm start for the women’s matches mean they will directly lead into Hot Seat in Sydney and Melbourne, assuming there are no rain delay or late finish. The men’s clash at Geelong is scheduled to start at 7pm AEDT to capitalise on the Nine News lead-in.

Perth viewers will miss out on both Hot Seat & ACA. Let’s see the ratings closely to the 1st & 3rd T20s.

New Perth Stadium will host a T20I

Is there any rain forecast for any of this weekends games in Victoria? I am just looking at purchasing tickets.

According to Bureau of Meteorology:
Melbourne (Friday): Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the evening.
Geelong (Sunday): Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely during the morning.
I reckon the men’s game at the MCG may be affected by rain but the Geelong clash should be OK.

2 Likes

Friday night should be fine at the MCG. I have tickets for Sunday at Kardinia Park, as I’ll be down that way for the weekend anyway and am hoping it should still be okay too.

There is some rain forecast, but not a whole lot from what I can see.

Sounds good just purchased my tickets. Looking forward to it.

1. Why aren’t there any games at SCG (for instance), not a great look for CA

2. MCG & Simonds Stadium (Geelong) are hosting 4 games in total of the 6!?

Seems odd.

NB/
But I do love how they’ll be playing in Geelong, so good for the region (with Ford & Target HQ shutting down) & I’m thinking about going :slight_smile:

FULL PR: http://www.nineentertainmentco.com.au/2017/02/14/09/22/t20-series

According to cricket.com.au, the T20Is in 2018 will be in Syd, Hobart & mcg.
3/2/18 - Aus v Nz (SCG)
7/2/18 - Aus v Eng (Bellerive Oval)
10/2/18 - Aus v Eng (MCG)

Cricket Aus is a joke for not having T20s in New Perth stadium.

Bizzare comment. They had a t20I at the SCG last year.

Ah, they’re double headers, been happening the last few years. Women play, bit of a break, then men.

1 Like

Why is it a bizarre comment?

Not sure how it’s ‘not a great look’ for Cricket Australia.

The MCG traditionally hosts a T20I every season (since 07/08), the Adelaide Oval hasn’t had many T20Is (only one, last summer) and as per above, it is great to see a place like Geelong get exposure to some quality international cricket.

1 Like

That SCG 20 over game was the first international they had played there in a number of years, given for some stupid reason they used the Olympic Stadium which is as good for cricket as playing dodgeball with archery arrows. The Gabba has had an even longer drought hosting 20 over internationals and may even host one before Perth does.

Gabba last hosted a T20I in Feb 2013.

i know it hasn’t been brought up, but Channel Nine has an international feed for the cricket, because I’ve watched a live stream of a match from the that feed in the past, and i’ve heard them say that NSW, VIC and TAS were about to switch to the news, but the game carries on, like if nothing happened. You also got to hear what the commentators say betweeen overs too.

Though it’s a VERY LONG break… 2.5 hours between the Women’s and the Men’s game. Presumably because Nine didn’t want the women’s game as a direct lead into the 6pm news, which is a bit unfortunate (even though they did well to put it on the main channel).

That might deter some people from going, particularly if there’s no on ground entertainment or something for the crowd between the 2 games.

1 Like

That’s actually quite normal to be honest and it’s been around like that ever since they started the double headers in 2011-12.

It looks as though Nicholas, Sthlakear, Healy, Taylor, Slater will be doing WT20s

Can someone please record the intro to the t20 broadcast tonight? Perhaps @Sifon