nine.com.au

The Block host Scott Cam fronts a new ad promoting a “fast and free” Nine.com.au, which premiered this week.

1 Like

nine.com.au TV ads still play oftenly on Nine SCA, but mostly a 10 second one. Are they still airing in metro areas?

I see them sometimes in Melbourne.
Noticed a 9honey ad today which I hadn’t seen before.

1 Like

Since there’s no specific thread for Pedestrian Daily and it’s now a fully owned Nine entity I’ll post this here, former Buzzfeed staff member Brad Esposito who took a redundancy is joining the site as a senior reporter.

1 Like

Also joining the portal are Amy Sheppard, body positive campaigner and lead singer of Sheppard; Deb Saunders, who came third on The Block season 15 this year with husband Andy; and UK correspondent Katie Nicholl.

What about adding Deb Knight?

Time to get her working harder if the TV and soon to be radio commitments aren’t enough?

nine.com.au signs new columnists

Nine.com.au has signed five new columnists, including musician Amy Sheppard and journalist Antonia Kidman, as the website celebrates a unique audience total of 9.7 million in November, its biggest ever*.

Amy Sheppard, body positive campaigner and lead singer of Australian band Sheppard, joins nine.com.au’s lifestyle arm 9Honey to write a monthly column on body image, self-love and the realities of social media. She is the musician who inspired the body positivity movement Kiss My Fat Ass.

Journalist Antonia Kidman also joins 9Honey as she returns home to Australia after 10 years of living in Singapore. The author and former lifestyle presenter will write a regular column on life as a mother of six, changing careers, and the daily juggle.

Media personality and author Sami Lukis also joins the lineup to write a monthly column about relationships and dating in the modern world.

UK correspondent Katie Nicholl will contribute her expertise on the royal family, further cementing 9Honey as the place for royal news in Australia. Nicholl is an author and broadcaster who regularly features on Nine’s Today Show as well as Good Morning Britain, Entertainment Tonight and the BBC.

“It’s been a big year for nine.com.au and all our verticals. With the addition of these incredibly talented women, we’ve got our eye firmly on 2020 and how we can bring new and rich content to our readers,” said Nine Digital Editorial Director, Kerri Elstub.

The new columnists will join Australia’s leading women’s lifestyle network alongside existing contributors including royal columnist Victoria Arbiter, relationship expert John Aiken and media personality Shelly Horton.

In addition, The Block 2019 favourite Deb Saunders will join the wider nine.com.au family as a fortnightly columnist, filing for The Block website which will become a year-round DIY and design offering. Saunders will write and film stories on interior design, home makeovers and style.

*Source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, Monthly Tagged, November 2019, Current Events and Global News Sub Category, Text, People 2+, Census. Note: Digital Content Ratings measures participating publishers only

1 Like
1 Like

9Honey Parenting launched in re-branded vertical

Leading women’s lifestyle network 9Honey has today begun a new era of its editorial offering to parents and soon-to-be parents, with the launch of their 9Honey Parenting vertical.

In a natural evolution, 9Honey Mums, Essential Kids and Essential Baby will all be re-branded into one vibrant site, 9Honey Parenting, that is a must-read for all things parenting.

To coincide with the re-brand, 9Honey Parenting will feature exclusive columns by actress and mum-of-two Tammin Sursok; dad-of-two and reality TV star Matty Johnson, and motivational speaker, author and mum of two, Turia Pitt.

At a time when many Australian mums and dads are grappling with an array of challenges – from home-schooling to mental health – parenting has never been so complex. 9Honey Parenting is a place for parents to be entertained, informed and to seek affirmation, written by parents and parenting experts.

The rejuvenated vertical will also feature video content and expand on the editorial offering previously seen on 9Honey Mums, Essential Kids and Essential Baby.

Nine Digital Editorial Director Kerri Elstub says the new addition to the nine.com.au family will fill a gap in the market.

“9Honey Parenting will cover every age and every stage of the parenting journey,” she said. “Consider us your virtual parenting group! Whether you’re trying to figure out what pram to buy, how to navigate the transition back to school after lockdown or getting your teen to do more than grunt at you.

“In our launch week we’ll have exclusive interviews with Erin Molan, Peter Overton and Sylvia Jeffreys. Plus, expert advice, videos and consumer buying guides.”

As a mum to daughters Phoenix, eight, and Lennon, nearly two, Tammin Sursok knows only too well the challenges of parenthood.

“To be given an opportunity to be part of Nine as a columnist is an honour and a dream come true,” said Tammin. “My hope is that through writing we can all connect as mothers, families and individuals – the role of a parent can sometimes be isolating and by sharing our stories we can all feel seen. Thank you for having me on board.”

Turia Pitt is looking forward to sharing her life as a mum to two energetic boys with 9Honey Parenting as well.

“I’m no parenting expert, but as a mum of two delightful, wonderful – but, uhhh, also intense and hilarious – boys, I think you can expect a few laughs and maybe some reassurance in the stories I’ll be sharing,” said Turia. “I’m looking forward to taking you behind the scenes of my life as a mum – the fun times, the stressful times, and the times where I order my own Lego sets to work because I like to build things my own way too, thanks very much!”

9Honey is Australia’s #1 women’s lifestyle network, with audiences spending more time on the network than any other site, according to Nielsen (August 2021; Family + Lifestyle category).

9Honey Parenting is live now on Parenting - Latest news headlines in Australia and around the world, tips and advice for parents | 9Honey Parenting - 9Honey

2 Likes

9Honey celebrates five year anniversary with new columnists and content series

Leading women’s lifestyle network 9Honey today marks its 5th birthday with an expansion of its editorial offering, by announcing new columnists and content series.

As 9Honey marks its milestone birthday, it will soon launch various content series covering topics as varied as consumer issues, product reviews to pets. New columnists have also been appointed including Miss Universe Australia 2020 Maria Thattil.

With more than 200,000 Instagram followers, Thattil is an influential voice in calling for social change in inclusion and equality.

“To write for a platform like 9Honey means my words are going to have reach and impact,” says Thattil. “I can’t wait to tell different Australian stories that maybe haven’t been told in the mainstream before, or experiences that people thought they couldn’t talk about.

“The biggest message I want to drive home is that we should celebrate – and have an appreciation – for differences, no matter what that looks like, because there is so much beauty, authenticity and power in acknowledging the things that make you different.”

Dietician Susie Burrell will also join the team with a focus on wellness, nutrition and putting your health first, and 9honey will also introduce hip-pocket hero ‘Judge Jo’ who will be road testing consumer goods to show what to buy and what to avoid, plus there will be a renewed focus on travel as Australia and the world opens up.

Nine Digital Editorial Director and 9Honey’ s founding editor Kerri Elstub says 9Honey has changed a lot during those five years.

“Our lifestyle brand has grown beyond our wildest expectations. We’ve become a true multi-platform voice for Australian women. Whether it’s online, through our TV and video content or our social reach, 9Honey is everywhere you are.”

9Honey Editor Shauna Anderson says: “We have just launched 9Honey Parenting which has been a standout success, and today we announce a range of new contributors whose voices, stories and opinions will further cement us as the place where Australian women come to be entertained, informed and supported as we all look to an exciting 2022.”

On today’s 9Honey site, there is a special video you can watch here.

Since launching in November 2016, 9Honey has evolved into Australia’s most-engaged women’s lifestyle network*, has maximized cross platform opportunities including programs on the 9Network, and has seen off various competitors.

• 9Honey is Australia’s #1 women’s lifestyle network for average time spent by users, with audiences spending more time per person on the network than core competitors. (Source: Nielsen Digital Media Ratings, September 2021, P2+, Digital C/M, Family & Lifestyles category, Average time spent)
3 Likes

9Honey what?

I know I’m probably not within the target demographic for them, but I’ve never heard less about a publisher before - especially one linked to a main commercial broadcaster and media company.

Must be doing alright if it’s still around after 5 years, I just still struggle to see where the traction comes from as you rarely hear about it.

2 Likes

They occasionally run Honey content to fill small gaps in the schedule.

4 Likes

nine.com.au has had a refresh…looks crisp

1 Like

Very interesting, they are no longer using the Nine.com.au logo…

2 Likes

Very 9now-esque. Also looks like the ABC News website.

1 Like

now back to the 2016 logo it seems…

2 Likes

Catriona Rowntree reflects on her 25+ years of great getaways in exclusive new series

Nine today announced a brand new digital-exclusive series featuring Getaway favourite Catriona Rowntree.

Catriona’s Great Getaways is a new video series published exclusively on nine.com.au’s Getaway website and features Rowntree telling never-before-heard stories of her 26 year stint on the travel series.

Rowntree joined Getaway in 1996, and has been a vital part of the travel series with her adventures taking her to every corner of the world.

Catriona Rowntree said “I’m beyond excited to be sharing so many wonderful memories with nine.com.au. Getaway and travel have been two of the greatest gifts of my life and I have no shortage of stories to tell. Plus some essential tips to take the stress out of holidaying”

Catriona’s Great Getaways will feature stories of swimming with sharks, being stalked by an elephant, meeting Donald Trump and recounting the moment the TV star thought she would die.

Nine.com.au Editorial Director Kerri Elstub said “Our audience loves Catriona and the whole Getaway team. As we start to travel again, Catriona’s insight and expert tips will be in high demand from our audience.”

Catriona’s Great Getaways launches Wednesday August 24, exclusively at nine.com.au/Getaway. New episodes are published every Wednesday.

Watch the first episode of Catriona’s Great Getaways here.

Getaway airs Saturdays 5.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

2 Likes

I think it’s a part of the new look for the Nine website - a slow rollout now to the subsites, but to make it consistent to the new homepage:

3 Likes

9Honey launches first in market pet vertical

Australia’s leading women’s lifestyle network, 9honey, has today launched its brand new vertical, 9honey pets!

9honey pets will celebrate all creatures great and small with information, advice, tips and the latest news on our beloved furry, feathered and scaly friends.

Heading up the new site will be 9honey Network Editor, Shauna Anderson and much loved TV vet, Dr Katrina Warren, who joins us as the 9Honey pets expert.

Shauna Anderson said, “We are proud to be the only major Australian media website with a dedicated pets vertical. Every day we’ll feature the latest information on pet breeds, health, training and wellbeing.”

Dr Katrina Warren said, “This is the site Australian pet owners need. I’m so excited to team with 9Honey to share my passion and bring some expertise around our much loved furry friends.”

A 2021 study by Animal Medicines Australia shows cat and dog owners spent 30 billion dollars a year on their pets, particularly on food and health related items, and that’s just the 9honey team alone!

Nine Digital’s Editorial Director, Kerri Elstub said, “You reach a stage where you talk about your pets more than your kids. You celebrate their birthdays, agonise over their diet and exercise and take more photos of them than your partner. Starting a vertical to bring together pet owners, professionals and advertisers just made sense.”

9honey pets will sit alongside the brand’s current verticals: Travel, Style, Kitchen, Coach, Parenting and Celebrity.

1 Like