nine.com.au

From TVTonight: ninemsn to rebrand as nine.com.au | TV Tonight

Admin: Don’t copy and paste entire articles

Kind of old news now (the article is from a week ago), but I’m honestly not surprised that Nine is phasing out the ninemsn brand in favour of nine.com.au. If anything, I’m surprised that it hasn’t happened sooner!

With the website change and the SCA regional stations likely to use full Channel Nine/Nine Network branding for it’s main channel from July 1, to me it’s pretty clear that Nine wants a multi-platform brand that is on par, if not stronger than the Seven Network brand is now.

1 Like

I had it in the draft box when first read it, and would post it when formated correctly. I left it, and I had accidentally hit send. :S

With all the recent changes, I’d imagine that Nine would want to try to make things simple with a single name for all their brands (Nine Life,GO!,GEM,Now)

1 Like

I notice that the email addresses of Nine News reporters end with nine.com.au instead of ninemsn.com.au, such as Danny Weidler who writes a column in The Sun-Herald every Sunday.

I think they’ve always had the @nine.com.au email addresses.

4 Likes

ninemsn was good because 9msn.com.au works fine - yet 9.com.au doesn’t because of how domains work.

I think there’d be a not insignificant number of people who try and type the number 9 for the url - particularly as 9news/9now are all promoted that way.

Ten get to be the exception because two digit urls work, so 10.com.au and ten.com.au both work.

3 Likes

They could go with

9online.com.au
9tv.com.au
9aus.com.au

Etc

1 Like

That has a ring to it.

1 Like

Ninemsn relaunched its TV guide yesterday and put all of Nine’s channels on top, even including a link to watch selected programs on 9Now.

1 Like

Does it still have that terrible name “The Fix”? :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Yes (for the time being).

Ninemsn is no more. Welcome nine.com.au

4 Likes

That logo is very interesting… :confused: Would of been better using the Nine Entertainment Co. logo font IMO.

1 Like

Probably, although I don’t completely dislike the nine.com.au logo. Yes, there’s none of that trademark Nine Network gloss but the flat design works well with the rest of the website IMO.

1 Like

Would have been better.

1 Like

It certainly does recognize with Nine, just the font looks a bit out of line with the rest of the branding, and the sizing of it looks a bit odd. Interesting how all the hubs have new logos too.

1 Like

Why does Nine refuse to just use the TV Channel 9 logo for all its digital? One brand. Make it big.

1 Like

Probably because Nine feels that the trademark nine dots are enough for people to know that it’s a Nine Network brand. Both that and for a distinction between Channel Nine, nine.com.au and even the corporate Nine Entertainment Company logo.

3 Likes

also noticed a BING search bar on top of the 9News.com.au website

1 Like

9TheFix?
Would have been better if they just called it 9Fix.

2 Likes