Nickelodeon (formerly 10Shake)

Will include Thank God and Bad Dogs

3 Likes

Hopefully we get some of the classic Nick at night content that was on Foxtel all those years ago. Bob Newheart, Marry Taylor More, Space 1999!

2 Likes

Those who A) Haven’t seen it before and want to + B) Don’t have or want to pay money to buy/rent DVD/digital + C) don’t have a streaming sub or is not on that platform currently + D) don’t have Pay TV + E) might want to record it and play-back including skipping or removing ads. But yes, this would be a minority probably.

3 Likes

My point being they should’ve upgraded the channel to HD, as the launch of 7Bravo was.

9 Likes

It was pretty much guaranteed it would be SD, Nick on foxtel was never in HD, and 10Shake also wasn’t. So they most likely wouldn’t have gone out of their way to change the feed to HD.

Also, for some strange reason, all the Nick and MTV FAST channels are in SD too. I know for a fact Pluto is mostly Full HD, especially for the big Paramount branded channels. It’s like they’ve reduced resolution because Nick FTA is in SD.

7 Likes

No reason for them not to make the switch

1 Like

There are some reason not to make Nickelodeon HD, starting with bit rates. It is already MPEG 4 and would need to triple the current bandwidth allocation and the bits would have to come from the other channels. I think 10 would get a lot more out of switching 10 Peach from MPEG2 to MPEG 4 and making it HD. It is such a popular multi and the switch would not need to take as many bits from other channels because of the change from MPEG 2, it would only need to add about 1 Mb/s to run in HD.

6 Likes

I’m like a broken record but yes, MPEG2 really needs to be phased out. Good to see WIN has started this process with WIN SD being the only left (for now) , so let’s hope the metro networks follow.

6 Likes

Would it be possible to make 10 Peach and Nickelodeon both HD? If 10 peach was switched to Mpeg4.

1 Like

Yeah I agree… Older equipment has been babyed enough, time to rip the band-aid off and making all channels H.264, particularly when parts of the world are starting to look at using HEVC, and here Australia is still using bloody MPEG2

3 Likes

Nick@nite changing to Nickelodeon at about 3am

8 Likes

3am seems a little early. Would have thought they would have done sort of like a 6pm to 5am and 5am-6pm situation.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Also noted in the ratings thread plus:

9 Likes

The Nick fast channels on 10play are great. The nostalgia coming in strong for this 30yo

3 Likes

some kids wake up very early tho lol

1 Like

Lol it’s not aimed at you though. :rofl:

2 Likes

Another good result for Nick on Friday.

5 Likes

Lol it’s 95% the same schedule as 10Shake was. Is it just the name that’s tricked people into tuning in?

1 Like