Newshub

Developing story

3 Likes

The AM Show & The Project have their Christmas decorations up on set for 2020 as both shows wrap up for 2020 both finishing on Friday the 11th December

The AM Show

The Project

5 Likes

Is it just me or are Christmas decorations on a news set just tacky and out of place?

(Talk about first world problems haha)

5 Likes

On the proper Newshub set I would agree, but I think these are all right

3 Likes

Nat really annoys me when I have lived in Nz , all morning news shows are off for almost 4-6 weeks give or take they must think news stops at xmas urgh.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m with you but I doubt any of them can afford the holiday wage bill if they were to run during the summer break.

Generally the off air period is the same as when most shops close in NZ anyway, Also its a good time for the networks to make any upgrades that need to be done. In my world I would provide half hourly news updates with highlights from the year playing between 7-9am

During the 2015/16 break TV3 rebuilt the main studio for Newshub.
This year we are doing some background software updates that would be impossible to do otherwise.

Eh? What shops are shut for 4-6 weeks?

2 Likes

The cafe near my work closes from the last Friday before Christmas and doesn’t re open until like the third week of January.

I agree it’s rather outdated but I’m also not sure the audience is there to feed it/make it cost efficient given both shows start from a low base as it is. If there was, they would be doing it.

6 Likes

(12-13/12/2020) Sacha McNeil and Michael Morrah are presenting this weekend.

4 Likes

Are these presenters are back to Solo presentation over the Christmas/ New Year Break.

1 Like

Does appear so from what I can see in the roster.

2 Likes

(25/12/2020) Ingrid Hipkiss is presenting Newshub Live at 6pm tonight with Ollie Ritchie on sport and Heather Keats with weather.

1 Like

Who’s presenting News, Sport and Weather on Tonight’s Newshub Live at 6PM.

1 Like

(26-30/12/2020) Melissa Chan-Green presented Newshub Live at 6pm with Nicky Styris and Heather Keats presenting sport and weather respectively.
Ollie Ritchie presented sport on Wednesday and Thursday.

(31/12/2020-1/1/2021) Tom McRae presented tonight with Alex O’Hara on weather.

1 Like

Who’s presenting News, Sport from Suzuki and Weather from Meridian Energy on Newshub Live at 6PM this Weekend?

1 Like

(2-3/1/2021) Tom McRae is presenting this weekend with Nicky Styris on sport and Heather Keats with weather.

3 Likes

Thanks Screentower

1 Like
Who delivers better news coverage?
  • Newshub
  • TVNZ 1 News

0 voters

(9-10/1/2021) Mitch McCann is presenting this weekend with Michael O’Keeffe on sport and Heather Keats with weather.

(11/1/2021) Newshub Live at 4:30pm and Newshub Late return today for the new year while the The Project and AM Show return next Monday. Mitch McCann presenting this afternoon.

5 Likes