Newshub

I watched it all im saying was newshub opened with it. While 1 news spent time on a few other stories before mentioning it…

3 Likes

Yeah I thought it was very sluggish from 1 news last night. Needed to be turned around quicker.

2 Likes

Thanks to the music played during the live stream of the debate I have been able to create most of the tracks that Newshub uses at the moment plus I did a pretty crude mock of the graphics in use.

I note that during the tease bed there is a small vamp that plays before it starts but I haven’t been able to pull it yet.

10 Likes

Well done! I actually prefer your transitions!

2 Likes

Newshub Live at 4:30pm having trouble going to air today.
Edit: Now live at 4:40pm

10 Likes

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/who-to-watch-on-election-night

Three plans to unveil a new augmented graphics (digital images rendered onto real world objects) package that will show the number of seats each party has in Parliament based on the party vote. It is bound to be given a test run under live conditions in Friday night’s Newshub bulletin at 6pm.

6 Likes

Preview tonight at 6 but certainly not the whole shebang that will reveal on election night.

1 Like

Kind of reminds me of BBC AR Graphics

9 Likes

Not going to lie, I gasped a little! It looks great.

2 Likes

I think it’s the first time in the world but definitely NZ from what I know of that Election Graphics have been broadcast from the actual debating chamber.

1 Like

So if it goes the same way as the UK and Ireland, discovery+ will launch in NZ (ad-funded streamer, replacing Dplay, & subscription tier in one).

Discovery have already filed the trademark Discovery+ in NZ (2 July).

Can’t wait to not have to use Three Now.

Combining Three & Bravo shows, HGTV, Choice & more from its original programming under ad-funded,
And its premium content (including you would assume its pay TV channels on Sky) available via subscription it could get very competitive with TVNZ Ondemand…

7 Likes

Newshub US Election Coverage

6 Likes

Now there’s a Taskmaster.

Just replying from another thread.

I think the reason they are starting at 4 (same with TVNZ1) is because the early picture of some of the obvious states doesn’t make for great viewing. Coming on at 4pm gives them a more complete picture for analysis.
Although - they are going on 2016 timings, it depends how big the win is etc for who.

I remember in 2008, Obama was called for victory around 5 NZT and gave his victory speech around 6 (as they cut in with the opener mid speech).

In 2016, Trump didn’t speak until around 7:30-8. Newshub took it live as part of rolling coverage while TVNZ1 had already gone to MasterChef or something.

6 Likes

Some pics from Newshub America Decides

4 Likes

Newshub with a Developing story Banner & Ticker following a State of Emergency being declared in Napier.

6 Likes

Still hearing the old Newshub theme during their radio commercials, haven’t thought they changed it yet.

2 Likes

Are they changing it?

There is this one the current version

And the original launch one

1 Like

I like them both prefer the original one when newshub launched, but dont mind if they keep using both, gives it some variety

3 Likes