Newshub

You keep saying that and yet haven’t offered any reason why…

10 Likes

Maybe they coming back with a new perspective look on the world?

WBDNZ will utilise more of AR and new format for its 6pm bulletin, maybe a mini CNN.

ok

2 Likes

Thats in the old am show set tho for indepth storytelling isnt it?

whitney-houston-i-wanna-see-the-receipts

Is this there any written official evidence of this being a possibility, or more so a prediction due to the new management with Warner Bros. Discovery?

Because it’s misleading with no trail to lead from.

Though, we are known to get psyched over rumours of refreshes/relaunches here… :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

It was announced last year at 2023 program launch. Quote below FYI.

Building on our core news offerings including Newshub Live at 6PM, AM and The Project , 2023 will also be about driving digital growth ambition further on newshub.co.nz and our social channels, to help bring Newshub’s award-winning journalism to New Zealanders, however they choose to access their news. A new virtual set will support delivering news in an environment that will resonate with online audiences. With digital and social audiences being a key focus of expansion, Newshub will prioritise amplifying premium video content for online audiences as well as growing the relationship it has with Warner Bros. Discovery’s global news provider CNN.

1 Like

You responding back to me: :joy:

Here’s the original source for the quote as well for the others, which you mostly like sourced this from:

Well, then it definitely seems like a definitive plan for this year. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So no new look, just enhanced content and an extra studio to help for online is how I read that.

Hoping im wrong and its a big enhancement to all its offerings

1 Like

No change in the coming up at six graphics in the promo that just aired.

5 Likes

Lol

6 Likes

Expectations met. :rofl:

7 Likes

No information to back up this fact. But maybe if there is a relaunch we could see it come on next week when all shows are back ?

4 Likes

Surely there is no relaunch and just better story telling through AR in the old am studio, for reporters when working on exclusive or in depth pieces.

1 Like

The angles are differnt :grin::rofl:

1 Like

I was under the impression that press release was refering to online-only content, not the 6pm bulletin.

3 Likes

Feel like there could be posters on MediaSpy that would be unhappy with news services relaunching every month.

1 Like

The news sets can get pretty stale even after a month… how about weekly? Think of all the designers they could keep in a steady job!

1 Like

I was originally going to say daily or weekly but was worried that would be too hectic.

I say a new set and graphics package for each bulletin. Like disposable coffee cups. Use it and throw it out!

4 Likes

Neither TVNZ1 or Three were live for Jacinda’s announcement.

2 Likes