Newshub

Newshub had a ticker up by 1:18pm (announcement just after 1pm). Although it was spelt incorrectly to begin with.

Newshub broke in with a bulletin at 1:24pm.

1 Like

How odd that neither (any) NZ broadcaster covered this live?

1 Like

It sounds like neither network was tipped off by her press team to its significance. It was her first media conference of the year where some expected her to reveal an election date. So TVNZ1/TV3 decided probably not worthy of a live bulletin. It was also outside the main centres (Napier) so probably thought anything major would come from Beehive.

3 Likes

Definitely warranted NZ networks to break into programming though… followed up by news updates.

ABC News Channel took it very quickly here. Seven Morning News lead with it as their main story.

1 Like

Yeah - I’m guessing they would quite like their time back on that one.

Guessing there was no tip-off to prevent leaks because usually these things are well telegraphe or hinted to political reporters.

1 Like

The unfortunate thing with networks not yet in full staffing mode/summer scheduling is that studios wouldn’t have been powered on or lit, which takes a while.

2 Likes

New look breaking news ticker?

3 Likes

Its January 19 though… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah - I’m aware but none of the Breakfast shows and auxiliary bulletins (11:30am/midday and late news) are back on air until next week. NZ is in summer mode.

4 Likes

One would of thought it would be live because of the announcement of an election date. I remember the 2020 election date announcement being live on Three.

Wondering if she will stay on at Newshub or if they will replace her

1 Like

My understanding is there were no guarantee this was going to be announced today either - all very hush hush.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Here was how Newshub opened its bulletin tonight with the news of Jacinda Ardern plus you can see the ticker that was running throughout the day at the start of the video

2 Likes

I noticed that the AM show isn’t starting at 5:30am this year. Has reverted back to 6am start.

1 Like

Who died? Why the all black attire?

2 Likes

Guessing the numbers just weren’t there at 5:30. In the dead cold of a NZ winter it was a bold choice.

2 Likes

Another one bites the dust. Now that Ingrid’s leaving, I have to wonder if Discovery will cut the 8pm bulletin and move Rebecca to Late? Can’t see 11.30 being long for this world, either.

Sounds like Newshub is 10 of NZ.

2 Likes