Newshub

She was presenting lastnight on newshub late

1 Like

Guessing she might be available a bit longer than anticipated given the delay to Today FM’s launch.

4 Likes

Surprised she didnt have a 3 month restraint clause as well lol just kidding

1 Like

I feel like am have been real quiet, bit surprised in their approach to a relaunch for its morning offering. They’ve released 2 clips and a quick fire article but nothing else.

I wonder if another clip will come out over the weekend, surely it will show them in the studio

1 Like

I’m most surprised at the lack of advertising for AM Early. 6:00 alarm on the promos, even the Facebook cover photo: Starts Tue 6am. Bizarre.

6 Likes

Yeah very odd that they keep pushing 6am. Would have thought they’d want to market the early start, it’s an easy tag line for marketing.

Interestingly, there’s no sign of the 11:30am news in the schedule for next week.

5 Likes

I wonder if they have canceled AM Early?

1 Like

Nah its still listed for next week

1 Like

You would think they would or maybe they will push it once it goes to air so they can market the entire newsbrand from am early to newshub late, using up-to-date footage of all shows.

They may also be making other changes across the board, even if they’re minor, time will tell, bring on tuesday

1 Like

wonder if the studio rebuild has been delayed, so they’ve prioritised AM getting on air? pure speculation.

2 Likes

Will AM early come from the Newshub studio or AM studio

1 Like

It’s a COVID measure. Some of the staff that produce AM stick around fo produce 11:30 with other staff coming on to produce 11:30 & 4:30. With newsroom bubbles being introduced shortly to make sure shows can stay on air in the event of a COVID outbreak in the newsroom Newshub at 11:30’s return has been delayed. Means the AM staff can clear the newsroom by 9:15 and new staff can come in with little to no contact with those teams so all teams can hopefully keep safe and all teams operational.

https://twitter.com/nztvupdate/status/1489369563296788480?s=21

The studio to my understanding is finished and rehearsals have been going well with AM Early & AM all set to come online from Monday all going to plan.

It will come from the News studio space. But parts of the set The story and Nation sides have been replaced including the weather wall.

17 Likes

Cheers @theGradyConnell - always good intel!

8 Likes

(5-6/2/2022) Ingrid Hipkiss is presenting with Tom this weekend with Mike Puru on weather.

7 Likes

Looks like the Newshub special is coming from the project studio

9 Likes

Some caps from the end.

4 Likes

Guess they’ve finally ditched the old universe logo.

4 Likes

Posted the opener in the New Zealand TV Thread as its not a Newshub show

1 Like

Good. The kid in that sting must be like 20 by now.

6 Likes

Good ident though lol