Newshub

:smile: :rofl: even tried zooming in and changing the brightness

4 Likes

It’s not much of a sneak peek but it’s something.

3 Likes

Exactly, getting excited though so take whatever snippet we get

3 Likes

@theGradyConnell have you seen the new studio?

2 Likes

Only in brief glimpses through a screen. but it looks good from what I’ve seen.
May not be to everyone’s taste but that always comes down to what the graphics and heads of news and others come up with when a redesign is planned.
Certainly an upgrade on the existing set pieces that were there and will allow for a nice big studio space for AM which can be benefited from by the other shows too.

6 Likes

I get the feeling we’re in for role reversal this year… AM will look really good and Breakfast the poor cousin. But maybe it will be a pleasant surprise on Breakfast’s part … :laughing:

3 Likes

I wonder if breakfast will have to do a midyear re-launch?

3 Likes

Depends if the ratings slide by that mid way point.

2 Likes

(29-30/1/2022) Oriini Kaipara is presenting with Tom this weekend. Shannon Redstall is presenting weather this week.

6 Likes

I have never seen her before. Has she just joined Newshub?

She has been there for years. Mainly a reporter and producer.

4 Likes

The ERA case between Discovery & Tova is online here

Timeline is a little different to what I imagined …

23 September - October 2021 - discussions with Ms Bristow about other opportunities
From 23 September 2021 through to early October Ms O’Brien had several discussions with Ms Bristow about other opportunities within Discovery to progress her career. The discussions did not result in a new role within Discovery which met Ms O’Brien’s career aspirations. She said she found this disappointing.

21 October 2021 – Ms O’Brien resigns
On 20 October Ms O’Brien rang Ms Bristow to advise she would be resigning. On 21 October she tendered her written resignation advising she had ‘…accepted a position at MediaWorks with a proposed start date of 23 January 2022.’ The letter included an expression of disappointment that their discussions regarding new roles did not progress and ended:
I hope Discovery can work with MediaWorks, and you can work with me, to agree on the next steps. You have my complete commitment to do everything, anything and whatever you think best to manage the transition in the gallery.

26 October – the parties raise the restraints
During a telephone conversation on 26 October Ms Bristow told Ms O’Brien by her calculations she would not be able to start with MWR until 21 April 2022 given her three month notice period plus three month non-competition restraint

2 November – MWR media release announcing Ms O’Brien’s appointment

19 November – Ms O’Brien photographed for MWR promotional video

30 November – Discovery’s lawyers write to Ms O’Brien’s lawyers
This letter expresses surprise and disappointment when Discovery became aware Ms O’Brien had featured in a MWR advertising campaign

5 Likes

Slightly different looking end board title card on a new promo for AM

Looking at the Freeview TV Guide the new 5:30am bulletin is titled AM Early

13 Likes

I wonder if they have made changes after seeing what breakfast has done

Who’s stuck in 1992?

I highly doubt it, Three regardless of owner have mostly done differently

2 Likes

Bring on Tuesday

7 Likes

Already it looks better then 1. Hoping Newshub relaunch happens Monday at 6pm.

1 Like

If am doesnt start till tuesday then I would assume if there is a relaunch of newshub, it would be tuesday, given monday is a public holiday

3 Likes

Nice to see Mike back on weather filling in

8 Likes