New Zealand TV

Looks like Sky is repositioning Prime as a premium drama destination after it appears on Sky’s platforms first ofcourse:

4 Likes

To make way for MAFS, Three is showing double episodes of The Block Australia from Sunday to Wednesday for the next two weeks, with the auction finale scheduled for February 2 or 3.

The season 2 finale of Five Bedrooms will be shown on Prime on Tuesday week (February 1) at 8.30pm. It will be interesting to see if Prime will go straight to season 3 after the Beijing Winter Olympics.

3 Likes

I am thinking that Truck Night in America will finish up and go straight into opening ceremony of 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

5 Likes

I think we can all agree SD is better then anything from the 90’s and back. So I got no problem with it

3 Likes

Bringing this over here as I don’t know if its a Newshub Show
https://twitter.com/thetvnews/status/1486164155900248068

9 Likes

Has ThreeNow always used 3now.co.nz as well as ThreeNow.co.nz or are they rebranding back to 3?

1 Like

Pretty sure they just linked 3now.co.nz to threenow.co.nz when they rebranded to Three

4 Likes

Ok that would make sense.

TVNZ had a mishap last night that film Safe House which stars Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington, but it was advertised as a Kiwi film about a Witness protection unit.

1 Like

CRC Motorsport coming from the news side of the studio today.

8 Likes

TVNZ 1 had a disruption to regular programming when it aired the FTA coverage of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics last year which saw The Chase, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Tipping Point, Fair Go, Schitts Creek, Te Karere and The Repair Shop being disrupted which some of these programmes move to TVNZ 2 temporally and the other taking a Transmission break, now Prime TV is doing the same next week which now see their regular programmes such as the Crowd Goes Wild, Five Bedrooms, Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Sewer Squad, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Truck Night in America, American Pickers, Prime Flicks, Traffic Cops and Ambulance is being disrputed which nearly all is going to be taking off air temporally, but WWE Raw, NXT and Smackdown being shunted early hours in the morning to make way for 2022 free to air Beijing Winter Olympics coverage

Promo for the Waitangi Day Show

4 Likes

Are they on the green screen or on location?

I have to question the point of this, but good on Three I guess.

4 Likes

I have a feeling that with TVNZ Breakfast on air they may lose viewers. or that Oriini Kaipara has been in world news lately this may be why

Greenscreen from the Instagram post above

1 Like

Because TVNZ 1 is sticking to regular programmes instead as Three hosts the 2022 Governor General special about Dame Cindy Kiro as she had connections to Waitangi Day as a child

Waitangi National Trust Board decided late last year to cancel all in-person events at Waitangi Treaty Grounds during Waitangi Week 2022. Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework it would be practically impossible to safely proceed with the usual Waitangi commemorations, which attract 30,000 to 40,000 people annually. The health and safety of visitors, staff and the local community is of paramount importance to the Trust.

Guess with no actual event the decision was made to hold a virtual event and broadcast it on the networks that wished to carry it.

3 Likes

New 7 Days branding and logo

1 Like