News Themes

I did not and I think it is best jingle ever

Can’t believe this one has been on YouTube for almost a year yet nobody has mentioned yet, someone known as “DMD Music” has made a remix of the previous ABC News 24 closer theme:

Although it kind of sounds like something that would be used in “ABC News 24: The Video Game” to my ears, I actually don’t mind this one!

8 Likes

Here’s a little 20 second snippet of the QLD closing theme from this afternoon’s bulletin for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

9 News Queensland theme from the 2008 package.

ACA from 2009

3 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted. I know it’s not tv but meh.

ABC NewsRadio theme

5 Likes
5 Likes

Actually this theme hasn’t been used since around 2013/2014. This is the arrangement Sunrise has been using in 7am openers though.

2 Likes

You may want to check the accuracy of that ^

1 Like

I did. Those are two different arrangements.

Oh look what I’ve found … a late night treat :yum:

Ten Eyewitness News theme (2:03):

from http://thedasoffice.com/projects/ten-eyewitness-news/

13 Likes

Would not mind at allthis being the update that the lads in the ten news threads are teasing us with. Either that or it sounds like a Demo, VIP, Remix or Edit of it.

I really wanna know how you even come across this, since I’m getting a forbidden on the link. wouldn’t mind getting some of that WAV/320 download too lmao .

You’re the best and fkn ‘evil edit’ (or ‘inverted edit’) in High quality yesssssssss

Does this mean Les Gock didn’t compose and produce this version of the eyewitness theme

3 Likes

It mentions in the link ‘co-composed with Les Gock of Sound Thinking’

1 Like

Wow! The subtle yet powerful horns in that theme at 1:28 are absolutely incredible! What a find!

2 Likes

What a find! So many questions! As others have mentioned, is this a remix, from the original launch (but never used) or for the upcoming relaunch??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is what they use every night in Sydney for the opener and closer… I don’t notice any difference to what it is now.

Still a great find though!

I got it on youtube for those having issues like I was earlier

Also ABC News Nightline theme

2 Likes

It certainly is different. Similar, yes, but different.
Listen closely to the very start, its certainly snappier than the current theme [0:00 - 0:05].
The theme itself also sounds ever-so-slightly modified.

3 Likes

It sounds quicker as well. The pace is faster as well as the extra drums and remix additions at the end. It seems as though this mix includes the sting returning from break at the end?
As well as this the instruments have a different tone on them throughout it, with the start also being completely different too.
I like it more then the current one, it’s punchier - hopefully it’s new and planned for the next incarnation of the news service!

The account also has a number of production tracks from Masterchef as well as numerous other shows.

2 Likes

The tempo is the exact same as the original (145BPM), the 2013 one was off on the beat grid by a bit so sounds a bit faster.

yeah that’s pretty cool since it was three bars at the end before the sting, now it’s four and actually musically accurate for a 4/4 track.

yeah sounds like it’s been run through a DAW (most likely either Ableton, FL or Logic) and changed up the mastering and mixing of the track to showcase the kicks more instead of the percussive elements. like the version that was used in the Late News and in the CBS This Morning weather it also uses a somewhat Jersey beat in the drum solo.

cheers for that, I still somehow can’t access the website lmao, is it just me that can’'t access it :confused:

2 Likes

This is the source page:

Yeah, the ending sounds more like how it would have been intended by the composers, unlike the on-air version which has sounded as though it was cut-up badly… specifically this bit (8:14):

The finer details of The DA’s Office version only really come through on certain audio hardware, IMO. With built-in laptop speakers for example, I don’t think it sounds that great, whereas with over-ear headphones it is a different story! :slight_smile:

For what it is worth, I’ve gone ahead and updated my 2013/2015 ‘audio only’ video with this alternate theme :slight_smile:

1 Like