News Themes

Ok. Well, I’ve never found a solution. When I really want to watch the video I switch to my Android phone and it always works.

That’s really odd. It only started happening yesterday. Anyway thanks :slight_smile: and thanks for another great video!!

1 Like

Trying to mix the 7 News Perth closer with the regular theme. Not sure if it’s too abrupt…

6 Likes

Too abrupt IMO. It doesn’t flow very well.

I’ll inbox you with some suggestions.

I made a Seven News 2016 theme extended edition ages ago but don’t have a YouTube channel. But won’t let me post the file on here :confused:

Could you email it?

I flipped them around but it still doesn’t seem to work. I’ll probably just keep them separate.

2 Likes

How about this - something I quickly mixed together. I think it could work well for News Updates:
(vamp, Perth theme, vamp)(the first vamp would be cut if they were using this as a closer)

8 Likes

That’s great! Love it.

Could you make a longer version so it plays out to a minute?

Personally, I like the Brisbane closer theme the best, followed by WA.

Sure! How’s this? It’s the best I could do without absolutely butchering the final sting :confused:

4 Likes

No, I was more thinking you use the opening sting and closer sting, as you did in the first one and play the long Perth closer that WAtvVideos uploaded, just a few posts back in between those stings? Then it’s not so repetitive…

It’s contained in this Youtube clip also : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ketDCTJzJHs

I see what you mean and I wish I could but there’s only 40 seconds of clean Perth closer that I could use so I had no choice but to repeat a little bit of it to make it longer.

Robbo’s World Tonight

BBC Whicker’s World 1984

2CC News Canberra (Immediately, you’re in a 70’s nightclub but this is pretty cool!)

Also cool, 2KA News Katoomba

2UE News

Also pretty fantastic is the current 4BC News theme in Brisbane. It’s an unlikely news theme and sounds a bit messy but I really like it (@1:14 below).

My other long-time favourites on radio were the long-running 2WS Sydney news theme in the 90s, the original MIX 106.5 theme and 2WL Wollongong had a great news theme too (“stereo 13 2-w-l”)!

4 Likes

It’s an off air recording, but 2.22 of this clip should be what you’re looking for:

As for 2WS’ 1990s news theme, I’ll try and have a look for a copy that whenever I get the chance. :slight_smile:

Personally, I think that one probably worked better as a news theme for AFTRS seasonal pop-up “Show Radio” (where Sydney radio listeners actually could still hear it in use as recently as 2012) than it did on 2UE!

1 Like

Does anyone have a clean version not like the modifed one on here?
It sounds really good.

It’s not a clean version, but still might be of interest @jens:

This was part of an aircheck from the first hour of 2WS-FM which was on the Frankster’s old website a couple of years ago, so hopefully he (or ARN for that matter) won’t mind me using this short snippet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-tycgACaRU I think this is the best news jingle ever

If you grew up in Brisbane yes.