News Themes

I was thinking the dramatic part from the vocal version of the same arrangement sounds like something Today Tonight could use if they ever decide to do an ‘out bush’ travel show (no please no … I’m kidding! but that’s what it makes me think of :thinking:)

The previous music was changed over in I think 2005. I’m glad they finally changed it from this one as I was so sick of the old repetitive track. It wouldn’t surprise me if this previous track was done in-house.
Here’s a rough sample but it is more than enough to give you the idea of how repetitive it really is

And the one before that (unless I’ve missed one) from around 1996

3 Likes

Might as well get used to it. :joy:

4 Likes

FINALLY - The 7 News sad theme in all its glory…

9 Likes
1 Like

THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST VIDEO I HAVE FOUND IN A LONG TIME… And yes I meant caps…

The 7 News theme unedited for a good 35 seconds!! It’s the Perth version, but it’ll send a chill down the spine!

Quick, someone record it and back it up before it disappears! Haha very rare!

6 Likes
4 Likes

The current 9 News theme in its entirety here!

3 Likes

I still think it’s lazy how they just tacked on the 2000 version at the end of the 2008 version of the Nine News theme.

That theme is about to hit 10 years of use I think…

4 Likes

Nine’s current news theme will mark a decade of continuous use on January 14.

Personally, I hope there’s an updated sound to Nine News in 2018 but I certainly won’t be holding by breath for that to happen anytime soon!

2 Likes

Here is the ABC News Breakfast theme,

ENJOY :smiley:

11 Likes

Newshub nation theme music.

3 Likes

Little did I know ABC News has an alternative closing theme with clips of the familiar piano score, which you may recognise from the previous ABC News 2010 and even the 2005 themes. There is also an upbeat weather track that is played on the late/overnight news bulletins.

12 Likes

Oh my god. This is amazing and magical.

Hard to believe those themes exist.

At first they seem like a mash up, remix. But that was tremendous.

7 Likes

Got this tonight from a long SC News closer. Contains actual headline bed plus a part after it I’ve never heard.

Mp3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofqzmm2rva1m3ek/Seven%20News%20theme%20music%20(The%20Mission%20NBC)%20(2016-).mp3?dl=1 (1.92 MB)

15 Likes

Great capture!

Some what off topic, but is anybody having trouble seeing the video of Youtube uploads of late? For example on this clip I can hear the audio fine in the Youtube video, but there is no picture? It’s happening with loads of uploads at the moment. Anybody else experiencing the trouble?

Yes, this has been happening on CNN.com a lot lately. It sometimes happens on Facebook too. Audio without video and refreshing does nothing.

It’s happening to me here on your video though as well?

I still think the best ones are from the late 80’s into the early 90’s. I like the BTQ 7 and the Channel 0 Queensland

When it’s played here as an embedded video, or when you play it on the YouTube site?

On Youtube…