News Themes

For anyone interested here is my attempt at a 5 minute loop of the theme used in this video. Thanks @TV.Cynic :slight_smile:

Edit: If the player above doesn’t work then try here.

3 Likes

Not bad! Would be cool or incorporate all versions into it as a super mix.

1 Like

Here’s my attempt at editing that theme into something that builds up to the end. Shame no actual ender/opener was broadcast that day :frowning:

Thanks @TV.Cynic for capping it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Speaking of 7 News, here’s an incomplete mix of The Mission that The Latest: Seven News used to use as a bed for going into and out of breaks and also as a closer:

(download)

I’m missing 8 seconds of clean audio to complete the mix … hopefully the skip is not too obvious :laughing:.

4 Likes

Here’s my second attempt. Faded in the opener, extended the good parts of the bed and picked (I think) the 3rd closer from @marquisite’s mix. Thanks for sending them to me mate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just got an interesting comment on one of my YT videos that I wasn’t aware of before - the source of the theme to TVQ 0’s first full news bulletin “News Watch” that started in 1974 at 6:30pm to avoid the 6pm news on 7 and 9.

Here is the video of various instances of the theme [audio only]

And the source.

3 Likes

And some legend from Poland, of all places, has edited/recreated a clean version of this fantastic theme:

4 Likes

When ITV revived their famous News at Ten bulletin in 2008, the graphics people created a gorgeous look and feel to it, that was (IMO) miles above what the rest of ITV News looked like then:

The theme in particular was fantastic - I think the only thing that could have improved it would have been to use a real orchestra rather than synths. Anyway, it was utterly fantastic, but sadly it lasted less than two years. A new exec at ITV wanted all the bulletins to look the same, and that look had to match that of ITV1 (which at that time was based around the colour yelllow). This is what we ended up with:

6 Likes

Mmm that yellow themed virtual set is atrocious.

Their current theme and set are a lot better.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe 7 Perth’s virtual set isn’t that bad compared to ITV 2009-2013😅

4 Likes

Kanal A in Slovenia is still using an older version of the ITV theme:

4 Likes

I prefer the theme they used from 2004 - 2007. That theme was quite punchy.

1 Like
3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind them adopting that last one - piano version of current - for special events (just with a stronger ending).

Clean version of the opening theme for the Seoul Broadcasting System’s flagship 8pm bulletin. (Play on YouTube, doesn’t allow embed sorry!)

2 Likes
1 Like

Of course, the World News Tonight music package was used in both Australia…

…and New Zealand:

1 Like

Here’s a bit of fun - listen to this theme from ProSieben in Germany around the turn of the century:

And now compare to the famous One News theme in New Zealand:

Notice anything? :wink:

2 Likes

News Theme used by Seven Eyewitness News in Brisbane in the 1970s. AKA SEVENEWS

Also used for

Also in the KPM Library

Theme from Division 4

4 Likes

I didn’t notice anything? What did I miss??