News Themes

Dan Golding (https://twitter.com/dangolding) has been hosting ABC Classic’s Screen Sounds show for a while now: Screen Sounds - ABC Classic

He’s also composed soundtracks for games like Untitled Goose game. You can see more of his other work here: http://dangolding.com/

5 Likes

2 Likes

It’s certainly a vast improvement over the AM, TWT and PM themes that were updated a few years ago.

Importantly, it’s good to see them commissioning themes from Australian composers rather than reaching for free copyright music like they did for News Breakfast and the election theme

3 Likes

I don’t think News Breakfast is copyright free I think it’s a production music piece that they would have paid to license

4 Likes

Yes, it’s production music.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested to hear what the ‘One News’ package from 2003-2004 would sound like on the current 1 News at Six bulletin.

8 Likes

Sounds great!

1 Like

So good. That whole 2003 look was underrated imo… ahead of it’s time.

3 Likes

Yeah - I don’t think it was overly popular internally or externally. I believe in the old days of MediaSpy an insider referred to it as “Shell Helix Motorsport (the Sunday afternoon Motorsport show of its time) meets 1News”

4 Likes

Hahaha. It’s why the 2004 refresh was brought in?

Yeah, I believe it was. They really went back to a slower one for 2004-06 eh.

Am I watching the start of a rave or a news bulletin?

4 Likes

I also enjoyed the 2004 relaunch with the blue ‘running people’ titles.

This link appears to be broken? Did anyone download the piece and could share here now?

1 Like

anyone by chance know the name of the production music from the ten news evolution way back when, it’s somehow been bugging me heaps?

for reference:

5 Likes
10 Likes

Does anyone still have this? Im after a high quality version of the 9News theme in full.

1 Like

This track has a nice clean opener and bed towards the end:

6 Likes

There used to be a good video on YouTube of the way they do the opener theme, headline bed now days, but it’s gone private.

2 Likes

This is perfect!!! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like