News Themes

The music track in the Mazda commercial in this video at 4:22 is the same used by 7 Spencer Gulf News:

8 Likes

How long was that fishing report?

1 Like

The “new” theme is actually about 20 years old. It was recorded in 2002 but never used on-air until now.

They also moved the show into the new studio although it would barely be noticeable to the common viewer.

4 Likes

It’s fun playing with all these extra parts of the theme. Would love to do a long version for WAtvMusic if that’s ok?

11 Likes

Absolutely a-ok with me :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you :star_struck:

2 Likes
2 Likes

From the Newshub Thread

1 Like

The theme Move Closer to Your World was composed for WPVI in Philadelphia and later adopted by many other TV stations, including, of course, ATV0 and TEN10 in the 1980s.

Here’s a 1973 radio promo for WPVI asking people on the street if they know the theme:

3 Likes

Lest we forget about the 1996 revamp of MCTYW… that was something. Full details on the debacle in the video description.

3 Likes

The closing theme was a banger! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The “CBS News: America Decides 2020” election night theme in all its glory.

5 Likes

Nothing special if I’m honest.
2016’s was better until they diluted its authority by using it as the Evening News theme.

3 Likes

Are WIN still using Steel by Paul Foss to close out news broadcasts?

I found it elsewhere:

just swinging past to post this belter

6 7, years on and still sounds fresh and modern.

edit: forgot it’s 2021

4 Likes

There are large chunks of that track that very rarely/never get heard during bulletins.

A pity, because used to its fullest potential this theme (or at the very least, version which has been slightly reworked to include the Cool Hand Luke signature that Nine viewers are familiar with) that could even work on Nine News and their somewhat higher presentation values. Certainly it’d fit Sydney bulletins like a glove IMO.

2 Likes

Isn’t that on iMovie?

1 Like

similarly sounding, but not that i can find on iMovie.

2 Likes

No, Laurence Schuberth has composed most, if not all, of NBN’s news themes in recent years.

2 Likes

Rock cover of the Tagesschau Theme by “The Doctors”

Cover of the normal

2 Likes