News Corp Australia

Will sky news be calling l their parent company woke

2 Likes

He will also step down as News Corp chairman in November. His son Lachlan will become the sole chair of News Corp while continuing as the executive chair and chief executive officer of Fox Corporation.

1 Like

Launching on Sunday October 8 with a Body+Soul cover story in the company’s state-based mastheads – The Wellness Travel Hotlist: 10 transformational experiences trending now – and a new digital vertical.

1 Like

@TelevisionAU

2 Likes

I have that last issue of The Herald but i think it might be a different/later edition.

1 Like

I kind of miss the old Jim Gerald.

Yeah, buying the “PM” edition of the Herald Sun just wasn’t the same. Especially when the only difference between morning and afternoon editions was only the front and back 2 or 3 pages. Otherwise it was just a reprint of the morning paper. No wonder the PM edition died off soon after.

2 Likes

The Herald Sun was about 90% Sun and 10% Herald. The Herald was the better paper. JMO of course.

Dad’s first job was in the HWT building at 44 Flinders Street in 1959 at age 17 (he was b. Nov 1941).

3 Likes

I can always spot if a period piece fic set in my home city of Melbourne is written by “the kids” - supposedly it is 1984 but a scene mentions a character reading the “Herald Sun” some six years too early. Same if its a Sydney based fic and there’s no mention of the Daily Mirror.

This applies to Melbourne radio stations that didn’t exist in 1984 but can turn up in fic set then - in two cases, they were on a different band and neither used marketing names.

2 Likes

Telegraph TV, not a very inspired name now is it.

What would you call it?

I’m not the one being paid to come up with a name, am I?

But I hardly think using a legacy media name and simply whacking TV on the end is a very inspired name personally.

Old media thinking still trying to survive in a modern world.

2 Likes

Agree, seems to be the trend to merge old brands with “TV”. Also, seemingly wanting to confuse UK viewers by just using Telegraph?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Other Newspapers

Cricket writer and author Gideon Haigh has quit The Australian.

Oh lol another cry baby journalist ! Why the duck were you working there in the first place ?

Huh? Did you read the article or just the clickbait headline? (the quote ‘like a toddler’ was in reference to his former employers not him)