Disney-Fox

Step 1) Panic that streaming services are stealing your customers.
Step 2) Pull some favours from the LNP to ensure that they make a dogs breakfast of the NBN making it unusable for better streaming.
Step 3) While years are spent fixing the NBN back to what it should’ve been in the first place, develop your own streaming platform.
Step 4) Make sure your new platform is ready before the NBN starts improving.
Step 5) Relax knowing that you’ve caught up with the streaming market.

We use the same boxes as Sky. (Made by Pace plc.)

Not in Australia at least. Unless Disney gets the shits with Foxtel and ups and moves everything to Disney+ as an Stan-style add-on.

Thats happened already to an extent - they’ve moved towards more O&O channels where they can tweak the content mix based on what they are able to secure

3 Likes

The last day of broadcast for the 18 entertainment and sports channels in southeast Asia and HK is this Thursday, September 30.

Walt Disney Company announced last week that Disney+ would be launched in South Korea and Taiwan on November 12 (Disney+ Day), and in HK on November 16.

3 Likes

Last Sportscenter Asia. RIP ESPNStar / Fox Sports Asia.

3 Likes

In a shock move by Walt Disney CEO Bob Chapek, Peter Rice was sacked as chairman of Disney General Entertainment Content on Thursday US time. Rice was replaced in the role by Dana Walden, chairman of Entertainment, Walt Disney Television, effective immediately.

Both Walden and Rice joined Disney in 2019 upon the company’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox. Walden had served as chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, while Rice was then president of 21st Century Fox and chairman and CEO of Fox Networks Group.

Could Fox Studios in Sydney be rebranding soon?

2 Likes

They have to by 2024.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Maybe its just me, but I feel there is still a huge place in the market for subscription linear television - whether that delivery is via traditional methods (ie Foxtel, Sky), or via the streaming providers - I think the volume and selection of streaming content on each platform can make it overwhelming at times to ‘just find something to watch’ at the end of the day.

1 Like
1 Like

Fox has nominated former prime minister Tony Abbott as a director. He and the other nominee, Margaret “Peggy” L. Johnson, will face shareholder election at the company’s annual general meeting on November 17.

That sounds like a thing the Murdochs would do

So the Murdochs are not bothering to hide alliances to political parties.

I mean the coverage in the Murdoch papers for the 2013 election was hardly down the middle and very one-sided for the man who is about to end up on the FOX board.

1 Like

Fox Needs Tony

Fake News Needs Phoney Tony.

1 Like