News Corp Australia

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! There is no emoticon to express how angry I feel about that one.

I blame the edumacation system. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That is sooo floored…

That just flaws me.

Don’t blame all of us! We can only work with the limited amount of funds we are given by our overlords, and under the control of the dunderheads some of us have at each campus. :laughing:

1 Like

News Corp director of corporate affairs Campbell Reid has been promoted to the newly created role of group executive for corporate affairs, policy and government relations. He will take on responsibilities across News Corp, Foxtel and Fox Sports.

I don’t know whether it’s because these weekly TV guide liftouts are compiled from the Herald Sun Melbourne, but someone screwed up big time with this week’s “DT/TV” liftout included with Wednesday’s Daily Telegraph here in Sydney.

With the “Don’t Miss” photos for Seven News, they’ve got a photo of Peter Mitchell underneath the TV guide Saturday and Jennifer Keyte underneath the TV guide for Tuesday! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Donna Hay has decided to end her licensing agreement with News Corp which began 17 years ago. The 100th issue of Donna Hay magazine, on sale on July 9, will be the last to be published by News Corp and also the last to be available at retail outlets. Donna has written a message on her website revealing she will launch a new magazine which will be available with subscription only.

1 Like

The Australian has announced it has secured syndication rights to the prestigious management magazine Harvard Business Review, and will publish its articles in print and online from today.

1 Like

The Australian has published an apology on its website to mining magnate Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest.

In May 2017 an article by Andrew Burrell entitled, “Sorry Business,” was published in The Weekend Australian Magazine and on The Australian website concerning Andrew Forrest, founder and chairman of Fortescue Metals Group, the world’s fourth biggest iron ore miner.

If any readers of The Australian considered the article meant that Mr Forrest mistreated Aboriginal people of the Western Australian Goldfields or that he took advantage of this community, The Australian and Andrew Burrell apologise.

News Corp is sacking several photographers and 20 other subediting and production jobs from the Adelaide office, as part of voluntary redundancy scheme.

“EXCLUSIVE” according to The Australian. Even though Fairfax beat them to it last week :wink:

2 Likes

Real? :thinking: - I suppose it depends what you have previously Googled as to what ads appear.

3 Likes

News Corp chief marketing officer Tony Phillips will be leaving the company at the end of 2018. He has decided to return home to Melbourne and plans to open his own brand consultancy next year.

I would have thought the Gold Coast would have been worth a bit more :thinking:

1 Like

It is rather tacky. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Australian apologies after reader comments were published that were encouraging harm to the ABC and its employees.

The Australian removes the inappropriate comments but they are still there for all to see republished on twitter. What was the point?

1 Like

Have people actually read the comments on that site? It’s vile. The tin foil hat conspiracy theorists abound. They’re still calling for the return of Tony Abbott.

1 Like

aren’t comments on that site moderated? Someone would have had to approve them??