News Corp Australia

News Corp cutting the benefits of their metro newspaper online subscriptions, but not cutting the price. I’m guessing it’s changing in advance of the Foxtel / Fox Sports merger. A email sent out today:

I have a digital subscription with the Herald Sun and received a similar email today:

We’re getting in touch about some upcoming changes. From 3 April 2018 a FOX SPORTS Digital Subscription will no longer be part of your Membership to the Herald Sun.

There are no other changes to your Membership and you’ll still be able to enjoy:
Access to premium locked content from the Herald Sun via the website and app. You not only get access to the Herald Sun, but the Geelong Advertiser and more across the Herald Sun+ network.
All the footy news as it breaks with in-depth coverage and analysis from our award-winning team
The chance to play SuperCoach, Australia’s #1 fantasy AFL competition, with free access to additional info, stats and player projections via SuperCoach Stats
Access to +Rewards, our Member benefits program full of everything you love – like epic experiences, giveaways and exclusive offers available each months

If you have any questions, please call 1300 696 397 weekdays from 7am-6pm and weekends 7am-3pm (AEST).

Thank you for your continued readership.

Gary Uili
General Manager, Customer Support

I got my email. Typical Rupert BS there.

Do you get access to digital versions of the printed newspapers each day for ALL News Ltd papers? Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, Courier Mail etc.

If you subscribe to one metro digital paper you get all of them. The Australian is separate. I subscribe to The Australian and The Daily Telegraph, and I also have a News Connect account so I get free vouchers for doing surveys which helps pay for the subscriptions.

I know I get the Terror’s digital copies. I use Chrome’s inspect tool to get reasonably HQ large copies of the page, especially for liftouts like the NRL and AFL guides and the Easter Show guide.

I do. The photo quality of digital versions is poor though (perhaps to discourage people from printing from their computer?).

Headline that featured across NewsCorp websites today. Hard to imagine such a floor being made :wink:.

Staff writers has a lot to answer for that doozy.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! There is no emoticon to express how angry I feel about that one.

I blame the edumacation system. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That is sooo floored…

That just flaws me.

Don’t blame all of us! We can only work with the limited amount of funds we are given by our overlords, and under the control of the dunderheads some of us have at each campus. :laughing:

News Corp director of corporate affairs Campbell Reid has been promoted to the newly created role of group executive for corporate affairs, policy and government relations. He will take on responsibilities across News Corp, Foxtel and Fox Sports.

I don’t know whether it’s because these weekly TV guide liftouts are compiled from the Herald Sun Melbourne, but someone screwed up big time with this week’s “DT/TV” liftout included with Wednesday’s Daily Telegraph here in Sydney.

With the “Don’t Miss” photos for Seven News, they’ve got a photo of Peter Mitchell underneath the TV guide Saturday and Jennifer Keyte underneath the TV guide for Tuesday! :open_mouth:

Donna Hay has decided to end her licensing agreement with News Corp which began 17 years ago. The 100th issue of Donna Hay magazine, on sale on July 9, will be the last to be published by News Corp and also the last to be available at retail outlets. Donna has written a message on her website revealing she will launch a new magazine which will be available with subscription only.

The Australian has announced it has secured syndication rights to the prestigious management magazine Harvard Business Review, and will publish its articles in print and online from today.

The Australian has published an apology on its website to mining magnate Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest.

In May 2017 an article by Andrew Burrell entitled, “Sorry Business,” was published in The Weekend Australian Magazine and on The Australian website concerning Andrew Forrest, founder and chairman of Fortescue Metals Group, the world’s fourth biggest iron ore miner.

If any readers of The Australian considered the article meant that Mr Forrest mistreated Aboriginal people of the Western Australian Goldfields or that he took advantage of this community, The Australian and Andrew Burrell apologise.

News Corp is sacking several photographers and 20 other subediting and production jobs from the Adelaide office, as part of voluntary redundancy scheme.