News Corp Australia

News Corp today launched a news website for children and teachers, Kids News. Kids News will source content from News Corp’s mastheads as well as regional titles. The website is isolated, so it does not link to outside news sources, meaning students can use it safely in a supervised or unsupervised environment or for independent learning.

Clicking on the HP display ads takes you to a HP education site, scroll down that page and clicking on the icons for Facebook and Twitter takes you out to HP’s social media and it’s easy to then go to the front page of Twitter and see news links. HP is a sponsor of the website so of course they are going to have links to their own site.

Great…more sponsored crap for kids masquerading as an educational “tool”.

I suppose they realised throwing bundles of free newscorp mastheads at schools wasn’t going to cut it in 2018.
Do they still put a kids section in the papers?

I’m pretty sure The Daily Telegraph still has their long running two page “Class Mate” section in the paper on Tuesdays.

Do they still run the teacher’s subscription discount for News Corp papers?

I’m sure the Herald Sun is still doing Corinella on Saturdays it’s only been going about 90 years

Yes, but only at the start of the year - there’s a digital only version, weekday delivery plus digital and full seven day sub plus digital. I usually got the $25 teacher’s digital subscription, but ditched it as I get one for free as a Sydney Kings member.

Herald Sun ended Corinella in May 2013.

really?? ooh no.

theres also a cheap student subscription they do for the local newspaper combined with the australian. it was something like $40 for the year and was marketed to business students

News Corp cutting the benefits of their metro newspaper online subscriptions, but not cutting the price. I’m guessing it’s changing in advance of the Foxtel / Fox Sports merger. A email sent out today:

I have a digital subscription with the Herald Sun and received a similar email today:

We’re getting in touch about some upcoming changes. From 3 April 2018 a FOX SPORTS Digital Subscription will no longer be part of your Membership to the Herald Sun.

There are no other changes to your Membership and you’ll still be able to enjoy:
Access to premium locked content from the Herald Sun via the website and app. You not only get access to the Herald Sun, but the Geelong Advertiser and more across the Herald Sun+ network.
All the footy news as it breaks with in-depth coverage and analysis from our award-winning team
The chance to play SuperCoach, Australia’s #1 fantasy AFL competition, with free access to additional info, stats and player projections via SuperCoach Stats
Access to +Rewards, our Member benefits program full of everything you love – like epic experiences, giveaways and exclusive offers available each months

If you have any questions, please call 1300 696 397 weekdays from 7am-6pm and weekends 7am-3pm (AEST).

Thank you for your continued readership.

Gary Uili
General Manager, Customer Support

I got my email. Typical Rupert BS there.

Do you get access to digital versions of the printed newspapers each day for ALL News Ltd papers? Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, Courier Mail etc.

If you subscribe to one metro digital paper you get all of them. The Australian is separate. I subscribe to The Australian and The Daily Telegraph, and I also have a News Connect account so I get free vouchers for doing surveys which helps pay for the subscriptions.

1 Like

I know I get the Terror’s digital copies. I use Chrome’s inspect tool to get reasonably HQ large copies of the page, especially for liftouts like the NRL and AFL guides and the Easter Show guide.

1 Like

I do. The photo quality of digital versions is poor though (perhaps to discourage people from printing from their computer?).

1 Like

Headline that featured across NewsCorp websites today. Hard to imagine such a floor being made :wink:.

1 Like

Staff writers has a lot to answer for that doozy.